5inch smart phone (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Had a look on eBay at these , around £70 duel sim , phone, camera , sat nav , unlocked , latest android dobreys, anyone had anything to do with them, thought would be handy in France , be big enough not to have to worry about tethering and stuff and being duel sim should always have a connection, but are they any good , anyone?? Please.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You definitely need to check if it works fully in this country. Sometimes they are only 2G. Although it may sat 3G that might not work in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Well they have many different ones on EBay, that is why I asked, but if you are just asking in general I have just bought one 2 Months ago and it works well in Spain on 2 and 3g

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well they have many different ones on EBay, that is why I asked, but if you are just asking in general I have just bought one 2 Months ago and it works well in Spain on 2 and 3g
If you put 5 inch smart phone in ebay it comes up with loads ,all different names but all of them appear to be the same with a different name stuck on , which one have you got?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
If you put 5 inch smart phone in ebay it comes up with loads ,all different names but all of them appear to be the same with a different name stuck on , which one have you got?
Sorry, quoted wrong post. Should have attributed to:
Broken Link Removed

Yes, that will work on 3G in the UK and France.
But no 4G

Good value for a dual sim phone though

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I bought this one: Broken Link Removed

Swees, had it about 2 months and so far no complaints at all, but that is me, you may be looking for different specs, this one does what it says on the tin (y)

Hope that takes you forward.

Bill

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I have been using a Cubot x6 since Terry introduced me to them at Wildmans do last August you can get the dual and quad core version on eBay as well.
This one is 8 core and is pretty quick,using it now 5" screen and for £89 was good value in my opinion.And is as good ,if not better than the other halfs Samsung S4.
Have down loaded loads of apps the phone is rooted so no branding,so unlocked. And dual sim so have Std Toggle sim in one and three micro sim in the other slot.and can have the both 'live'.Works OK for me.
I did see in Aldi last week a Median 5" android phone for around £75 I think .
Hope this helps

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I bought this one: Broken Link Removed

Swees, had it about 2 months and so far no complaints at all, but that is me, you may be looking for different specs, this one does what it says on the tin (y)

Hope that takes you forward.

Bill
Thanks
Yes that's the one that took my eye, liked the 8 meg camera , is it ok

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks both, good start anyway, two likes and no complaints

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This is a typical example

The spec looks good to me. You'd be £300 on the high street with that spec. What you aren't sure of is quality control and cost to return for repair.

Looks like a good for satnav.

Go on, give us some feedback.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I bought a Cubot x6 duel core and a p7 quad core and both works good also got a THL quad core --The x6 last 3 to 4 days without charge /standby the p7 only lasts about 36 hrs but is the better phone (gave it to my brother -well sold it -I got it replace/try the x6 but he he saw it he wanted the p7 so I did not have it more than a couple of weeks -ideal would be p7 with the p 6 battery -The THL is quad core and basically needs charging every night but works very good has a better screen and camera -Just sent for a Lenovo Broken Link Removed
nearly 40 quid more but Octa core and a very good spec will be selling the THL to a mate and the X6 is earmarked
All in all they have all worked good (y)
terry
EDITED TO CHANGE FROM P6 TO X6 (y)

Last edited:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i have the doogee voyager2 dg310,be carefull buying cheap phones of ebay as some you will have a job getting spare batteries,screen protectors,and cases for them but the 310 i have every thing is available,little tip if you spot a Chinese phone you like ,look to see if batteries,screen saver's and cases are available,i have no complaints at all with mine.
this is the second chinese phone i had,because although the first one was a good phone i could not get a spare battery for it or a case.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
The spec looks good to me. You'd be £300 on the high street with that spec. What you aren't sure of is quality control and cost to return for repair.

Looks like a good for satnav.

Go on, give us some feedback.

Yes you are right £300 against £70/80 if it breaks, well tough, its a chance you take. I recon that if its OK for 12 months then its paid for itself, longer is a bonus, chances are that in 12 months I would want to buy another phone (they get better all the time) and if I had paid mega bucks for a phone....well I would have to keep it wouldn't I :) Also of course, unlike a "Cheap" (insert not cheap) contract phone, I can have whatever sim I like (not locked)(y) And only charge it every 2 or 3 days, but that is down to how much you use it of course! Came with a case so screen is safe, what else could you want for £70/80

Having said that...Horses for courses

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well only thinking of france , already have a moto g phone and think its excelent but small screen so not good for Internet but have ipad for that at home no problem , but abroad we have 3 feel at home which is ok for phone but can't tether the iPad so thought it would be a good replacement for holiday , don't want to spend a load just for a couple of months a year.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Chinese shops here sell there own ones. 4 different types from about 89€ up to 199€ .All dual sims. did have flyers for 2 of them but must have thrown them out.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Fancy this one, any advice very welcome

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Read the reviews.

Your prices are creeping up and up !!
I am reading them, and not up much , I said around £70 way less than 3 or 4 hundred , that's what makes me a bit dubious and wary , I'm all for cheap but if they are no good it's money down the drain , but not interested in one if I got to pay hundreds.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The one I fancy is the cheapest one DOOGEE, some very clever features on offer.
Can't fault you , that is what I was looking at first, but don't carry a camera when I have a phone so looking for the one with the best, and the biggest screen possible but there's so many of them it's hard to pick the best.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Found out if you go up to 7 inch they are cheaper still

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Just ordered the Motorola g second generation 5inch android phone from Tesco. 8mp camera, Bluetooth, wifi etc but more importantly its dual sim so runs two networks together and a reasonable £139-00.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back