Mar 18, 2014
WELSHPOOL
Funster No
MH
Suntor 590RS
Exp
HI
I have two issues/ questions on 240v electrical hook up

Verhicle Battery appears to loose charge when connected?
Lights do not work unless leisure battery is selected?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Heather

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
HI
I have two issues/ questions on 240v electrical hook up

Verhicle Battery appears to loose charge when connected?
Lights do not work unless leisure battery is selected?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Heather
Hi Heather
Firstly how old is your Sundance as the earlier models didnt have a charging facility from hookup! In this case i would get your dealer to put a test on the battery to see what amps are being pulled from it and this should determine if the battery is ok or not!!
Your lights should work when either vehicle or leisure battery are selected, if they only work on the leisure side then we would start by looking at the fuses to the vehicle battery.
YOu are more than welcome to contact uur workshops on 01580 881288 / www.johnscross.co.uk.

Good luck

Glenn Harris

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not certain why you think the hook up is discharging the vehicle battery, as it is not connected to the leisure side other than through the source selection switch

The lights will only work when you select the leisure battery. all that you are doing is supplying a battery charger in effect to the leisure battery but it remains the source of power to the lights, pump etc

to charge the van battery when on hook up you need to select it at the control panel. As I recall on those vans its a 3 position switch leisure battery/off/van battery

if you are still having issues after this, I would suggest that you need to talk to your supplying dealer or an auto electrician to figure out whats not working correctly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

HSE

Free Member
Mar 18, 2014
WELSHPOOL
Funster No
MH
Suntor 590RS
Exp
Hi
Its a 2005 Swift 590Rs - used to get 12 volt power when selected central position ie not vehicle or leisure battery. But don't now - when hooked up and vehicle battery is selected it drains within 2 days where as if not connected to 240 volt does not drain for weeks ?
I've changed all the fuses but still no success
Thanks
Heather

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
May be a daft question ? how old is the vehicle battery, that might be the problem not that i am an expert but most of my vehicle batterys in the past seem to last about 4/5 yrs then they stop holding a charge because one or more cells have died.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sounds like battery charger has an internal short circuit on the output side (12v) allowing battery voltage to return to the charger and subsequently to earth

OP
OP
H

HSE

Free Member
Mar 18, 2014
WELSHPOOL
Funster No
MH
Suntor 590RS
Exp
thanks all - yes 240 V connector gives us power through sockets -

I have now changed charger and still have the same issues

Short circuit seems like a possibility any ideas where i could find it pappajohn?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back