55 year old newbie! (1 Viewer)

Amanda1965

Free Member
Apr 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey unicorn Sevil
Hello - we are Amanda and Gavin, and I are new to caravanning and touring.

We recently purchased a 2011 Bailey unicorn Seville, two berth, and love it a lot.

We are due to go out on our first little tour at the weekend; not far from our storage, as we are new to towing, and so being sensible, we will do short journeys until we are both confident - super excited!
Happy Tuesday everyone 😊😊😊

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
We are due to go out on our first little tour at the weekend; not far from our storage, as we are new to towing, and so being sensible, we will do short journeys until we are both confident - super excited!

Ahhhh, well I am clearly not a sensible type as I just jumped in at the deep end -
Years ago I bought myself a caravan. I had it delivered to a storage facility which had it’s own adjacent campsite and they were happy to put it on pitch for me each time I wanted to use it. I had never towed anything before but when it came to the end of the season I decided it was time to bite the bullet and the site/storage owners let me drive around the almost empty campsite moving my caravan from pitch to pitch learning to manoeuvre backwards and align with the caravan to hitch up alone. Then, as everyone else was putting their caravans to bed for the winter, I hitched up and drove from Devon to Dover. I got straight on a ferry and drove all the way to Bavaria on the German/Austrian border arriving a day earlier than anticipated. The campsite were good though, they just had me wait half an hour whilst they got somebody to clear a foot of snow off a pitch for me !
Welcome to the Fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GBon

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoquest dreamstar
Exp
Since September 2020
hi and welcom, hope you have many happy times.

OP
OP
Amanda1965

Amanda1965

Free Member
Apr 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey unicorn Sevil
Ahhhh, well I am clearly not a sensible type as I just jumped in at the deep end -
Years ago I bought myself a caravan. I had it delivered to a storage facility which had it’s own adjacent campsite and they were happy to put it on pitch for me each time I wanted to use it. I had never towed anything before but when it came to the end of the season I decided it was time to bite the bullet and the site/storage owners let me drive around the almost empty campsite moving my caravan from pitch to pitch learning to manoeuvre backwards and align with the caravan to hitch up alone. Then, as everyone else was putting their caravans to bed for the winter, I hitched up and drove from Devon to Dover. I got straight on a ferry and drove all the way to Bavaria on the German/Austrian border arriving a day earlier than anticipated. The campsite were good though, they just had me wait half an hour whilst they got somebody to clear a foot of snow off a pitch for me !
Welcome to the Fun
You are bonkers 😂

OP
OP
Amanda1965

Amanda1965

Free Member
Apr 18, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey unicorn Sevil
Welcome to the Fun
You are bonkers! 😂

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Jimmy Fallon Celebs GIF
from Liverpool

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back