LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Im sitting in the van waiting to board this evenings ferry from Rotterdam over to Hull after 10 days in Germany, mainly along the Mosel, never saw another funster, hardly saw any other British vans!

Anyway thought it might be helpful to reflect on what's worked well and what's not on our new van, what we missed from the original spec and how the Fiat part has worked so far.

For the Fiat part with 3000 miles done, all appears well. We are averaging just over 26mpg which we are really pleased with given the tightness of the engine, has been as low as 22 when really pushing on and up to 28 when doddling, certainly never averaged any mid thirties like some funsters, must try driving in my slippers!

The 2.3 180 engine seems quieter and smoother that our old 3 litre lump, comfortmatic working as normal or not depending on your view!

For the IH part, all pretty good so far, one failed cupboard lock, bit of glue required on an outside Perspex panel, truma solar control panel failed and had to be swapped out and that's it, everything else operating as designed.

We have added a few things that we had missed, remote on off switch for the inverter, saves going in the cupboard all the time, an on off switch for the I-boost, before it was wired to the main panel only and a battery master for charging the van battery, don't know how we missed this!!

Seperate thread gives our views on levellers and air, overall we are really delighted (and a bit relieved) that all seems ok, early days I know but we are travelling in hope!

Bill

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
early days I know but we are travelling in hope!
Bill
We've just returned from 3 nights in Hope (in Derbyshire). Lovely place but weather could have been better.
Good to hear that you are enjoying your travels.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have just returned from a trip through Germany to Prague and Warsaw, likewise we saw few Brits and those we met said we were the first they had met. Sadly no Funsters or at least not ones with badges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back