Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Not sure!!!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I bought my Autotrail Cheyenne in August 2013 and have already knotched up two trips to Europe, one around Scotland and a few smaller more 'local' ones in between. I'd like to head to the sun for the summer, with my dog, probably in the South of France or down towards Spain. Can anyone recommend a really nice campsite, with, most importantly, a great wifi connection or good reception so I can tether my phone. I have to keep working while I'm away so the comms part is crucial. I'd also need some shade so we didn't melt during the heat of the day! Any ideas? Am also thinking about getting a sat dish. Any advice? Thanks!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Parc-Verger".... lovely site with fully serviced pitches..

And not to far from the Spanish border... :thumb:

PS.....Good WiFi the couple of times we stayed..

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Here you go = www.parcverger.com

Lovely Mine Host`s... :thumb:

But watch the dodgy English residents that live there...

She is a nice lady but him :Doh:

You`ll only be there 5 mins, and they will be over to ask if they can borrow a cup of sugar..... You`ll never get it back... :winky:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Asking for a recommendation for a nice site in France or Spain is a bit like asking for a recommendation for a nice ice cream in Italy.::bigsmile:

There are just so many nice sites. More and more of these sites now have excellent Wi-Fi so you'll be okay for work. But might want to invest in something like this WiFi Antenna to improve the campsite WiFi.

Three big trips in five months, excellent:thumb: I'm sure you're really looking forward to 2014::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
P

PepperPig

Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Not sure!!!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks. I'll look into that. I've got a mi-fi so am getting there with my comms. I'm so tempted to buy the satellite system but it's so expensive!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I thought long and hard about the satellite system but just cannot justify the cost. Especially with more and more Wi-Fi coming online and mobile broadband becoming more widespread and getting much cheaper.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
You will be very welcome here at Parc Verger! We have improved our wifi with a second antenna, and during 2014 the broadband service is being substantially up-rated. Not sure when the work will be completed, as that is subject to work going on all around Champagnac La Riviere, our local commune.
We have introduced off-peak rates for much of the year so with your Funster discount you can pay less than last year!
We're glad you are enjoying your travelling - it is a great life!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back