Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Wherever We Are Parked
Funster No
MH
Swift Esprit462 (Freddie)
Exp
Since 2014
When we came through the Channel Tunnel yesterday morning and was asked by the UK Border Control where we last stopped. I answered 99 Kms away because of the illegals. His reply, pointing to a Motorhome with a small boat behind, "bet you're glad you were not driving that Motorhome, we found 4 of them hiding in the boat"
After coming out of the terminal building we checked underneath, just in case!

Bounty Hunter

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1984
Yes but what UK Border Control didn't tell you was they only found them because the driver, my friend, insisted they look. UKBC asked where he had stayed previous night, Calais Aire, and have you checked this morning that everything OK and nothing disturbed to which he replied yes. Ok sir on you go was their reply but friend suggested why don't we look anyway and was gobsmacked when they took, what he thought was an un-disturbed boat cover, off and there were 4 Somalis. They confiscated their passports and the van keys and it was 3 hours before they got them back and allowed to get on the train. They also have a piece of paper from the Home Office, not sure exactly what it says or implies, but they have 28 days to appeal!! Will see him this weekend and if he gives permission I will update you all next week.
On Oct 10th we arrived at Calais Ferry Terminal at 7am. UKBC asked where we stayed previous night, Citie Europe, have you checked van, yes, ok on you go. Now 12 months ago you couldn't get to P&O without UKBC checking bathroom and garage and at that time there nothing like the amount of illegals around Calais there are today.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back