3's like at home plan (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Not seen it mentioned here but 3 have a free''like at home' roaming plan for abroad for both calls and data & texts. Its limited to a few European countries at the moment. But basically you can phone home & have roaming data charged to your Uk bill at Uk rates and use the calls & data as part of your UK call plan ! So if like me you have unlimited Internet on your contract you have free unlimited internet in Italy & Austria. May be useful for some people?

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Yes it has been mentioned before but worth repeating if folk are contemplating a change of provider, very useful for me in Scandinavia! :thumb:

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Possibly the cheapest option if you visit those specific countries regularly?
I noticed the phone cant be 'tethered'for data on this plan, I have not tried using the phone as a wifi connection to my lappy but am thinking 'tethered' means a physical or wireless connection of a computer. .? :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Possibly the cheapest option if you visit those specific countries regularly?
I noticed the phone cant be 'tethered'for data on this plan, I have not tried using the phone as a wifi connection to my lappy but am thinking 'tethered' means a physical or wireless connection of a computer. .? :(

That's right and I don't pay for tethering anyway as it was an extra ÂŁ2 a month, a bit much for a pensioner, :Blush: so no loss for me. :Smile:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three

Hi

The new deal was launched at the end of August - perfect as we were in Italy the week after! I say re-launched as it was out seven years ago but then withdrawn.

We have THREE for the phone and internet via MiFi - all was well in Italy although the internet was slower than the Italian provider - no idea why!

Russell

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
just watch out near borders - I had a refund from 3 when they charged me for data download in Austria because I was still connected to a german cell. I was well in past the border but they need to sort this aspect out if you are crossing or near borders:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I see that Australia and the USA have been added to the list of free countries.:thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back