3rd Air Con Rad Renault Master (1 Viewer)

Big Burtha

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
suffolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
Just had 3rd air con rad fitted (2 plus original) - its obvious that stones are able to impact this and cause the damage. Anyone got any ideas of suitable mesh to fit and where to get it?

OP
OP
Big Burtha

Big Burtha

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
suffolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
Its a Burstner C class - sorry don't know about condenser. Each time there is a hole in the rad so we thought some kind of protection would be good. BB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
3 is a lot!

Have you witnessed the actual leak (has the leak been detected by OFN or is the hole so big it is obvious?).

Could be poor quality, Hella Behr and Valeo make a lot of European Condensers and many are very poor quality.

I have had to replace 3 Valeo Condensers and one very old Hella Behr Condenser on Our Mercs. I have also had to replace a Hella Behr Evaporator on our Sprinter traveliner. Took me 3 days on one leg!.

OP
OP
Big Burtha

Big Burtha

Free Member
Jul 13, 2015
suffolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
Hi - I only know that we went to garages to get system refilled and in each case they found leak - luckily the first time it was under warranty. The grille is quite exposed so why we thought of protection. I have found some mesh people online so will call and ask their advice. Many thanks. BB

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Use expanded aluninium mesh.

pl1726058-aluminium_expanded_steel_metal_sheets_warehouse_metal_mesh_stair_treads.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Make sure you run a/c all-year, gently jet the front of the condenser with a lance 3-4 times a year. In summer, try to get an airline into the fins and blast with air to clean the debris away.

It will not stop stone chips, but will help maintain the condenser in better, stronger condition.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Make sure you run a/c all-year, gently jet the front of the condenser with a lance 3-4 times a year. In summer, try to get an airline into the fins and blast with air to clean the debris away.

It will not stop stone chips, but will help maintain the condenser in better, stronger condition.

Be VERY careful jetting AC condensers or coolant radiators with high pressure lances or compressed air jets, its very easy to damage the fine aluminium fins and reduce the throughflow of air thus "killing" the rad entirely.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back