Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
3M Water Filter (E2 / HF10) - or similar recommendations

We have relied on Nature Pure Filters for our drinking water in previous vans, and I started to install one on our latest Van, but the placement of it was interfering too much with the set up, even placing the faucet was challenging, so we have decided to give it up as a bad job.

I think our only option is a filter that supplies the cold water supply via the existing faucet (inline), and have been drawn towards the 3M Filters. We want a good filter that filters out most of "the nasties", of a similar quality as the Nature Pure.

Do any of you have any experience of these, positive or otherwise, and or do you use something similar that may be of interest to us.

What is the flow rate like?

Any recommendations as to a source to purchase from?

Also, I'm unsure if the filter must be housed vertically, as ideally I would like to mount it horizontally which is obviously not the correct orientation.

Thanks In Advance.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I changed over to the 3m one which I bought from Pozzani, seems to be okay, changed the filter after using it for 6 months while in Spain. Fitted mine to the cold water tap in the shower room so fill the kettle up from there.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Been using the 3m filter for 2 years now
Excellent flow rate
Can be fitted vertically or horizontally

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
THANKS for the replies.

Does the housing come with various connection options (We have 12mm flexi hoses), I have had a quick look, but couldn't find much info on the housing.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
yep another vote for 3M, you will need some connector adapters it has 10mm push fit fittings if its the AP3 head you are going to use

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
yep another vote for 3M, you will need some connector adapters it has 10mm push fit fittings if its the AP3 head you are going to use

Hi,

The AP3 seems to be what is recommended. I was hoping to just tap it into the 12mm flexi, with as few "adapters" as possible.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Nothing ever goes smoothly for me.

I rang Pozzani to order, and just happened to say that I have to mount it horizontally. I was advised it couldn't be mounted this way. I explained that I'd had information to the contrary, so they said would ask and get back to me. Sure enough 2 hours later, they got back to say it must be mounted vertically.

With this I rang 3M Techincal, and the guy there also tells me it must be mounted vertically. I asked if he was certain, he went away, came back, with the same answer.

So now I'm well and truly stumped, lol.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Any other ideas from the forum of a different solution, that will filter down to 0.2 or lower?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That’s strange because they told me 2 years ago that horizon mounting was OK, though that was for the previous version of the filter.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
That’s strange because they told me 2 years ago that horizon mounting was OK, though that was for the previous version of the filter.

Hi,

I have located the original E2 filter (a company has 3 leftover in stock). Though they are more expensive than the HF version (I believe the HF means High Flow).

I will give 3M another call today to check on the older version, space constraints mean vertical fitting would be too much of a faff to undertake, unfortunately.

I am going to go to the Van later this morning and look at other options to see if I could fit it in the floor space somewhere before the main sink, but after the shower. As it seems a waste to filter shower / toilet water, etc.

Though if I have no other options I will put it anywhere I can get it.

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp

Can I ask, does your head for the filter, have the overflow/breather pipe?

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
I've ordered the HF10-E2 and the AP3 head and recommended fittings.

The only thing I didn't manage to get was the blanking plug to allow me to run a cleaner through the system, which I do every year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Not had chance to test the system yet, as the Water is drained down and I don't have access to any as the Van is in storage till the weekend.

But I got it fitted in the floor space in one of the outside lockers close to the the main sink faucet. I thought I would have to remove the screws in the Head bracket every time I need to replace the filter, but I can just about get it in/out in situ.

Thanks again for the info.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
I meant to ask earlier.

Those of you using the 3M Filters, I know the HF10 / E2 states 7500L or 6 months to replace, but in practice are you replacing them more frequent? (just so I know whether to carry a spare).

TIA

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Could you fit this just after the pump and filter everything instead of just a single tap

OP
OP
Ian-n-Suzy
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Could you fit this just after the pump and filter everything instead of just a single tap
Hi,

You could do if you wanted to filter everything (including water that goes to the toilet, etc).

Also, I'm unsure as of yet how badly it affects the flow rate.

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Thanks, if fitted one would probably go inline after the Tee for the toilet flush feed then as its near the pump. Then all hot and cold taps are covered.

Bit too posh filtering the toilet water :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks, if fitted one would probably go inline after the Tee for the toilet flush feed then as its near the pump. Then all hot and cold taps are covered.

Bit too posh filtering the toilet water :)
If you are going to try that I would make some sort of temporary connection first, something easily reversed, then check the flow rate is adequate for the shower. :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I meant to ask earlier.

Those of you using the 3M Filters, I know the HF10 / E2 states 7500L or 6 months to replace, but in practice are you replacing them more frequent? (just so I know whether to carry a spare).

TIA
I've bought a spare because I suspect if we took on again something like the cloudy water we encountered in Corsica the filter would soon become blocked and the flow rate drastically reduced.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back