3D printing. (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
A motorhome mate mentioned that a couple of members have the facility of a 3D printer. Do you know that the cost for replacement freezer compartment hinge is £34 EACH!! Can anyone ease the burden?
Hi. Can you send me a picture of the problem. 👍

PaulandChrissy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
May 17, 2022
Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
That's something I didn't take into account and also I haven't had a good look at the inner "workings" ( see how technical I am!), I'm away in the van at moment and freezer is full. When I get home I'll take offending bit off and photograph it. Ta🍷

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Ours (if you can find them are £80 each)!

I investigated the 3D route but as has been said the plastic they use is not very suitable and the key problem for mine was that you would need the design file to print from, they were far too complex to 'wing it' or work from photos.

There are loads of companies on ebay that offer the service - if you supply the file ...

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
From personal experience I know it can easily take several hours to design and produce the file. Then another couple of hours to print it off. Throw in the cost of materials and electricity I think I would want more than £34 to make one. But of course I am only a hobbyist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Everyone is right. It’s not a 5 minute thing to design and print. Also, if the hinge is part of the door itself, it could take 12 hours to print. The door could quite easily be bigger than my printer which would scupper the whole thing. We need to see a picture. 😊

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Are you doing the orange window security things? I was going to order them from a well known auction site, but you said you might be able to do them. (y)

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Are you doing the orange window security things? I was going to order them from a well known auction site, but you said you might be able to do them. (y)
Hi Sapper520
Sorry. I haven’t had a chance to do them yet. Life seems to get busier when you retire. We are off to Germany in 2 weeks and I have so many things to get sorted before we go. I can’t see me getting them done. I haven’t even found a suitable van to work the design out from yet. I think you should go for the well known auction sit one’s. ☹️

sorry PaulandChrissy

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back