LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
There was not that far away from there. A Garage where the guy sold Motorhomes and the odd caravan?. He had what is/was regarded as the Oldest Motorhome in the UK. Built on a Dodge Chassis, between the wars, if I remember correctly?. It was in restored condition, and he had been asked often if he would sell it and refused. Just had pride of place in his showroom. Wonder what happened to it?.
that was at pottery hill garage, opposite the auctions, the motorhome business called kampers and kars. The old man died a couple of years ago and that old pontiac motorhome sold at auction

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
That`s the one. I remember it well. I think they traded as Kampers and Cars, (the K not a C), but all my old paper has long gone. I was given the "tour" by the owner, after I had done some inspection work in his workshop. I vaguely remember the Car Auctions too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Try driving on A2 4 lanes and lane hoggers in lanes 2 and 3 never any police as I think there are only 3 motorway police in kent

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Having done time as a trucker, I never could get used to the other trucks tailgating me!. I`ve even resorted to backing off until they overtook, but the downside is you are forever going backwards!. And on the Tacho at 56ish Limited it`s surprising just how much time you can lose in a day. The other thing is just how few in lane 3 (motorway) will let you out to overtake, maybe the reason why so many don't pull in? Not justified I agree.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Just avoiding the holes on the inside lane

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
more like 200 meters and at the next roundabout it has marked lanes. He was likely in the outside lane to go across the roundabout towards Broadstone and canford heath estate, which you cant do from the middle lane. Left is tower park, middle to Dorset way towards fleetsbridge and right for broadstone/canford heath

I honestly think the driver was in the right lane and should challenge the charge
There is no middle lane it was a duel carriage way, when a approaching the junction signage is at the appropriate distance advising what options there are, so approaching the JUNCTION there may be three options and at the point where the signage is advising what lane to be in at that point Mirror signal manoeuvre. I also suspect that the police had been following the MoHo prior to that stretch and the driver was below the speed limit in an inappropriate lane, and needed to be fined, there are so many instances of poor driving I would love to see more people being pulled up. Maybe people need to made to revisit the highway code and get their driving assessed every 5 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
big map

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I'd like to see the Police car that I followed on my way to work this morning pulled. 3.5 miles outside lane all the way.
1592217807363.png

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I was wrong the stretch of road it happened on is still a 50

View attachment 360618

However the stretch of road is only 1/2 mile long.

View attachment 360616

I would certainly challenge Dorset Police if I was the driver of the campervan.
Sorry bit I am with the police all the way on this one! Far too much outside lane and middle lane hogging obstructing traffic, causing frustration which leads to tail gating and accidents!

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Unless you're reading a different paper than me, it says it reached 36 mph in a 50 mpg limit.
[/QUOTE]
Why the ?????????????
Here is the full post not just taken out of context plus it's worthwhile reading what I replied to

Unless you're reading a different paper than me, it says it reached 36 mph in a 50 mpg limit.
Maybe we're all reading another paper than you. Or maybe you are confusing mpg with mph.

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
I was wrong the stretch of road it happened on is still a 50

View attachment 360618

However the stretch of road is only 1/2 mile long.

View attachment 360616

I would certainly challenge Dorset Police if I was the driver of the campervan.
Unless my memory is letting me down the stretch of road shown isn't Dorset Way. It's Cranford Road or something similar? But regardless if the person who overtook stayed in the left hand lane after they passed the campervan then technically they probably didn't do anything wrong. If they then returned to the right lane to overtake another vehicle (which the campervan was perhaps intending to overtake) then different story. But none of us were there 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back