360 degree cameras (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
ive read a couple of threads regarding the above and wondered if anyone who has had one fitted give thier verdict.I have watched a video from Richard Baldwin Motorhomes who offer a retro fit system which interest me but am concerned about how good the install is for hiding cables,monitor quality etc.Any advice appreciated.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have had an Omni Van camera fitted. We paid extra to have it fitted with all the wires hidden, and it is a very tidy job. The DVR and control box are hidden in a cupboard. We have the dvr that films the front and rear, there is an option of all 4 cameras filming. We do have a loose connection somewhere but it will be sorted when we get back home.
It is brilliant. I am still getting used to how close I am to 'things' . When it looks as if I am about to catch something I am actually a couple of foot away. But practice makes perfect. We have a very tight parking place at home and I can breeze into it with no assistance. It cost a lot of money but it was worth it.

OP
OP
Camper634
Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the info.Can I ask did they do it on site or did they come to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
There was an off-piste discussion on here with some of us who had one fitted and the general consensus was that it really came into its own when parking - if no co-pilot then you would be happy parking in most pitches (you still have to consider things above the cameras like tree branches). As reversing is probably when most dents happen on a van then one scrape and it pays for itself. While driving you tend not to use it as much as you think you would.
Omni-vue come to your house. My system works with the ignition but I also have another switch which allows it to be used with the ignition off. Very neat installation with the dvr placed where we wanted it and one small piece of trunking in a high cupboard which you would not know was not an original part of the van. For the omni-vue system it was an extra £100 for the better installation and worth every penny.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have exactly the same as Casper, fitted at home and a very good job was done even though it took them a lot longer than they expected

very good for on the move visibility, I am not as convinced about the close up parking benefits yet, but as above still learning the use / trust it :)(y) I did put some detail on a thread when we had it fitted

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/360-camera-being-fitted-this-week.156204/

although it did go off topic a little :)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Ours was fitted at our dealers as we had the house scaffolded and we did not want the MH at home. The Omni Vue fitters arranged a fitting time with our dealers.
We are still in discussion re. a switch to leave it on if required. The fitters told me it could be done, but it did not happen. VTec who are the fitters told me a load of rubbish re. the fact that it could not be done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We have a Renault Master conversion so different from most but taking a live feed from the battery is not difficult. Told at the beginning of the process and with a cup of coffee and biscuit in your hand this is not a problem for any fitter. Just make sure you understand what they are wanting. They took the live feed from my hab battery but that is near the cab area and gave them more space to work. The fitters are excellent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back