LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have not received a ticket , escaped in time I guess (y)

What ?

You've not heard ?

The guy running after you was from a Visit Derbyshire Promotion, they were giving £10,000 to the first person admiring that view on that day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The questions boils Down to, was that yellow jacket person a copper...? I suspect that if it was they would be talking into a radio not a piece of paper and you would have had blues and two's in your mirrors.

My guess is that it was an awareness exercise with the locals and at worse you may get a letter telling you that you've got 100 lines to do....(y)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have not received a ticket , escaped in time I guess (y)

Must have slipped their memory, Bro... :doh:

I will drop them a line and remind them... (y)

Being an upstanding law abiding citizen would be wrong not to.. :giggler:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
HiViz was probably a community bod who was going to point out the rules in a warm & friendly manner... And inform you where you could park appropriately and no doubt buy tea & cakes.
When I worked in Stratford on Avon, the wardens gave out friendly tickets (no fine but advisory) to inappropriately parked tourist cars...
(They got a proper ticket if they did it again though)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I hope the warden isn't a jobsworth. As you say its not until stopping that you'd read the notice. However its probably suitably defined in the highway code and the sign is to reinforce the danger.
Dun ear in Narfuk Borr wees'a sayun thar ARWL marshells un wurduns a'gor a'bee "pedanDick jubswurths"?!!! ;):LOL:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I've just spent that last 2 hrs + looking at google maps and i still cannot see the woman in the Hi Vis vest chasing after the OP ??
Guess i'll just have to keep on looking .....

She's gone home now, no one there to nick :D

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
For a moment I didn't think you could get points for bad parking but then remembered you can - stopping on the zig-zag lines at a pedestrian crossing for example. It seems the definition is "parking...in a dangerous position." There's a bit about near the bottom of this page: https://www.gov.uk/parking-tickets/paying-a-ticket
"You’ll only get penalty points on your licence for certain types of parking FPN, eg for leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position."

Leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position is a specific offence - see section 22 RTA 1988. The guidelines for penalties on conviction are 3 points and a £60 / £150 / £360 fine. The Magistrates also have a discretion to disqualify*. Illegal parking on a pedestrian crossing / zigzag lines is a different offence.

*Hanging wasn't mentioned specifically but ...

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position is a specific offence - see section 22 RTA 1988. The guidelines for penalties on conviction are 3 points and a £60 / £150 / £360 fine. The Magistrates also have a discretion to disqualify*. Illegal parking on a pedestrian crossing / zigzag lines is a different offence.

*Hanging wasn't mentioned specifically but ...

Didn't leave it, stopped, saw the sign and double whites and scarpered. Person in hi vis was a good 25yards behind so could not be precise as to my position in road.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 specifies that a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) must be sent by the police within 14 days of any relevant offence, which includes "leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position".

The reason for the 14 day time limitation is to ensure that the registered keeper of the vehicle can be reasonably expected to recall who was in charge of the vehicle at the time of an alleged offence. However, if you were cautioned at the scene, the 14 day time limited doesn't apply

After 6 weeks, unless the vehicle was rented, you can sleep soundly

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back