3 phone network (1 Viewer)

Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
Good afternoon all, I am thinking of changeling over to 3 was wandering if any body has had problems with coverage on the 3 network.
Thanks
Nev:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In my experience 3 is very good.

When I first wanted a mobile dongle I plumped for T-Mobile on the grounds that their coverage was better (this was early 2007) and they were supposed to be merging their coverage network with 3. The network merger never happened and I found T-Mobile coverage to be less than promised. As soon as my two year contract was up I had the dongle unlocked and obtained a PAYG SIM from 3.

I had been with Vodafone for voice for many years but switched to 3 on that as well because of the Skype on 3 service as well as the better coverage.

I now have a PAYG MiFi for when we are away in the van and the only place I've failed to obtain a signal was at the Thetford meet last year. I also have a 3 contract handset which includes mobile Internet and found it gives better coverage than Vodafone did.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Have to agree - had problems with the Vodafone dongle, but since switching to the 3, I have only failed to get a connection at the Highland Mini Meet. Even then, it I had walked a couple of hundred yards up the road I could have accessed a phone signal :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
for mobile internet they are one of the best.
their customer service for their phones used to be dreadful you may as well have asked a tree for help and probably got more sense out of the tree.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Their customer service is still pretty dire - but no worse than any of the others. They do respond positively to e-mail complaints to the chief exec though :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I dumped Vodafone a few years ago and upon someone recomendation, switch to 3

Best thing I ever did.. Never lost the signal ( completely ) yet.. Been in some iffy places but never had zero signal.. Well pleased ( and I got a great deal too... Unlimited internet, 400 minutes and 500 texts for £15.00 a month

Oh and when using it abroad, it has worked out really well too

I did start looking at Gifgaf, but after visiting the web site decided def not for me.. Absolutely NO way to contact them if their is a problem and after 15 frustrating minutes no info on European usage that I could find..

I dunno if they have another web site.. I just followed a link in spam I got from them

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Update on Giffgaff
Found another web site.. got a few answers but then checked on coverage in my area.. Ok for voice but naff all for data !

makes me even more glad I am with 3

BTW, every year before I travel abroad I have foned the help desk ( its a free number ) and booked the extra euro-roaming package .. I have given precise dates and the very helpful folk I have spoken to have always done the biz exactly as ordered ( costs me an extra £5.00 a month whilst I am abroad )

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have had no trouble with Three in the 5 years since we have been with them except for last month when in Tewkesbury when it was sooooooo slow so we popped into a three shop and they said one of their masts had blown up but that it would shortly be fixed and realigned!!!
Dont know if that is baloney or not but now we are at Warwick the download speed is very fast.
The place we found pretty poor was in Devon though and in the brecon beacons but I imagine all signals to be poor there!!
Oh and in remote parts of Scotland!
So good Tez has it on his phone now.
I use vodaphone on my phone as I can pay £2.50 for a month to get free 0845 ,0800 and 0871 calls from my phone, handy as I dont have a land line.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I am with Tesco which i think is same as o2 and Lorraine and Sophie are with 3 we thought it would be a good idea to go with different networks to give us more chance of a signal due to lots of countryside and hills around us and have to say im pleased with both do think Lorraine gets a slightly better coverage than me though. We also have a 3 dongle and never failed to find internet with it yet.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Have a three mifi, and to be honest it is faster and cheaper than landline based internet!

It has only gone down on two occasions, both due to extreme rain. The mast is in the midlands, so that has an effect if either they or us have extreme weather - but it has to be absolute deluge!

Very good - I would even go as fart as saying it is better and faster than landline!

To give an example - went to dowload a program for the computers at home and work. Work is landline took 2 minutes - the mifi dongle took 24 seconds.

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
The wife has 3 I'm on EE. I always seem to have signal where she doesn't.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We get a good 3 signal in the wilds of Wales !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back