3 PAYG 12gb sim deal @ My Memory again. (1 Viewer)

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
MyMemory prices at present on Ebay, £24.95, Amazon, £24.99. If you go direct to the MyMemory website, the SIM is being sold for £23.95 delivered:

It's a minefield, eh?:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
hya folks - while we're on the subject of 3 sim cards, can I ask do you have to activate them while in UK or can I do it once across the channel. Reason being I still have a fair bit of data left on the one I have at the moment.
cheers
Clyde
ps. apologies for question, I'm sure it's been asked before.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
ps. apologies for question, I'm sure it's been asked before.
No problem Worky. :)

Many report that they successfully activate them abroad. Our first one is approaching expiry mid April, but I shall wait until we are heading across the water in June/July, before activating one of the other two we have.
It is always best to gave a spare, just in case you exceed the 2 x month "Feel At Home" usage abroad, and Three suspend further usage.
Please have a read of @Minxy Girl's informative resource.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/three-mobile-broadband-info-preloaded-data-sims.220/

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Timely reminder to buy another couple thanks.

Ive been using these for a while, but on the trip we re still on have used in Hong Kong, New Zealand and US with no problems at all.

I do tend to activate while in UK and I try and use them a bit between trips, but havent fallen foul of the 2 month rule yet even though I ve exceeded it. I do tend to keep a backup one on the go though just in case. Btw my strategy is payg then if I do have a problem I can switch.

Jon

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Are you all using these in MiFi equipment or phones ????

We both have Three contracts which are sim only on our phones 4GB and 600 minutes plus 2000 minutes 323 for £16 but of course you can't tether a PC abroad so looking at MiFi for connectivity as not going to be on WiFi enabled sites all the time

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think we're all referring to MIFIs as they are data sims we're talking about.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I use mine in an iPad and in huawei been using it for four months in Spain France and Portugal no problems I took a spare in case they stopped it after Two months but it never happened.
Have just ordered another.

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newbies, now have a Chausson Flash 08
Be aware My Memory state 3-5 working days delivery but this is not necessarily true. I ordered from them on 8 March, email to say despatched 9 April. I wanted the SIM for when we went away. Still not delivered by Wednesday when we left, so had to buy one from Argos. Hope it's at home waiting for us on our return Monday. I'm rather disappointed.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Be aware My Memory state 3-5 working days delivery but this is not necessarily true. I ordered from them on 8 March, email to say despatched 9 April. I wanted the SIM for when we went away. Still not delivered by Wednesday when we left, so had to buy one from Argos. Hope it's at home waiting for us on our return Monday. I'm rather disappointed.
I can only imagine that they were out of stock when you ordered, and put you on a back order, which is so annoying, I know. :( I'd rather they said from the start, that they were out of stock if that was the case.

Ours arrived within the week.

Cheers,

Deleted User
Amazon are advertising the 24GB data sin for approx. £36. They were as cheap as £28 at the turn on the year but still seem good value

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Amazon are advertising the 24GB data sin for approx. £36. They were as cheap as £28 at the turn on the year but still seem good value
Not in stock though, this is what happened with the other one and eventually it changed to 'currently unavailable' so whether it will actually come back into stock is anyone's guess.

What is the time limit on the 24Gb sim cards?
Up to 24 months or when you use the data up, whichever comes first.

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I've been in touch with My Memory several times and they haven't said the SIM is out of stock, on back order etc. Just said to wait. I then read some reviews and I would hazard a guess that 1 in 10 orders are late or fail to arrive. Items come from Jersey or Switzerland. I just want people to be aware. Maybe I'm just unlucky

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
@beejay it may be worth checking exactly which SIM you have on order - we ordered two of the 3 PAYG 12GB trio data only ones from Mymemory via Amazon on 19th March and they arrived on the 23rd. (Note that on our Amazon order they still showing as en route to be delivered by 12th April, as MyMemory don't dispatch via a trackable means).

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Thanks guys and gals

At present do not have a MiFi unit what I do have is a PAYG 3G dongle but I know I need to re sim it and re activate it not used it for a couple of years since a laptop I had refused to install it

So looking at options as to which way to go - Oh and I used the dongle in a cling film wrap at the top of a 4m fishing pole with a 5m link

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Alcemi, it's
1 x 3 PAYG 4G Trio Data SIM Pack Preloaded with 12GB of Data for Mobile Broadband
So maybe I should have ordered on Amazon and not directly

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
@beejay it's all very strange though, as even if you order from them via Amazon it's dispatched by Mymemory, not by Amazon (who sell the same product, but for more money). I wonder if yours has got lost in transit... It does sound like you've been unlucky...

Deleted User
Not in stock though, this is what happened with the other one and eventually it changed to 'currently unavailable' so whether it will actually come back into stock is anyone's guess.

Up to 24 months or when you use the data up, whichever comes first.
Yes but until last week the 24gb was not even mentioned on website. I am thinking that now they have made them available to order then they must be expecting them soon.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes but until last week the 24gb was not even mentioned on website. I am thinking that now they have made them available to order then they must be expecting them soon.
... we can but hope! (y)

beejay

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
West Dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Got back from our trip on Monday, it was waiting on the door mat. So I now have one in hand for the future!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
So I now have one in hand for the future!
Which will come in handy, should you be in a "Feel At Home" location for more than the two months, and are unlucky enough to be disconnected, although hopefully not. ;)

Cheers,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... a sim in the hand is worth 2 in the post ... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back