LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
As promised in another thread, here are my thoughts and musings after having owned my Globecar Roadscout for 3 months - being a first time MH'er - no previous experience. Feel free to agree/disagree/ask for details or not. Most of you don't need inviting lol.

Miles done :2351

Sites visited : 8 (C&MH:2; Independent:5; Wild-ish:1; C&CC:0)

(Coed-y-LLwyn, Cornish Farm, Doubletrees, Wooda Farm, Cadwell Park, Eyemouth Park, Spittal, Beal)

Snags :1 Fiat Heater pipe securing tape unravelling – easily fixed.

Best bits –

Rear ‘winter’ door curtains. Great insulation, sun blocking and keeping rain off bed when rear doors are opened.

Self-fitted Projector/Screen (All our favourite programs without any news/politics)

Comfort of Globecar foam bed. Had practically chosen Duvaley/topper before delivery but hasn’t been needed.

Room for 15 bottles of wine in Gas locker

Van is really well insulated for heat and noise

Worst bits -

Having to turn off the beer fridge to save leccy for lights :cry:

Bending the hinges on the worktop extension when I staggered onto it (gassed)

Driving up levelling ramps – bit traumatic for novices

Inside looks a bit like a disco at night, central locking light Red and flashing, EHU light Orange, Power on light Green etc. o_O

Surprises –

Heads down on site. Me sat up front swigging coffee smiling at all and sundry – most people shuffling by, heads down. OK if sat out or both walking but people seem to dislike looking into MH’s. I haven’t actually opened anyone’s MH doors for a look (yet), but have a good gander when walking past. If someone sees me looking I smile and wave! :p

Fuel gauge starts whinging (yellow light) too early, computer stops telling you how much you have left with 35+ miles still to go, get to the garage and there’s still 12L in there ☹

Waving – A Class, C Class and PVC about 75% wave back (y), B Class about 25% (n) and Food delivery vans 10% :D

Lessons learned –

100w Solar isn’t any good against a 47w electric fridge in the UK. If you have a leccy only fridge, off EHU, you need a genny. :eek:

If there’s a shower head switch on the bathroom tap, you need to turn that on too. :rolleyes:

If you’re buying two expensive pans, check they’ll both fit on your hob at the same time! :whistle:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Having to turn off the beer fridge to save leccy for lights :cry:
Is it a beer fridge as such and do you have another 3 way fridge?
Tbf, I've never seen a Moho without a 3 way fridge but I suppose there must be. IMO, pointless having a 240 v or a 12 v fridge.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Neckender & @Minxy Girl did you have to remove the drivers seat to access the battery terminals? Thanks.
No, the cab battery in our camper is in a 'locker' under the floor in front of the passenger so it was just a matter of running cables from that to the display/socket unit.

If you want to put one on the leisure batteries, which in ours are under the driver's seat, then you should be able to get good enough access by removing the seat base back panel , or alternatively might be able to get at it from the 'circular hole' in the swivel base.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Is it a beer fridge as such and do you have another 3 way fridge?
Tbf, I've never seen a Moho without a 3 way fridge but I suppose there must be. IMO, pointless having a 240 v or a 12 v fridge.
They only fit 12v ones in 5.4m vans as, after the sliding door and the bed, there's nowhere to vent one. They are much more efficient than they used to be though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
No, the cab battery in our camper is in a 'locker' under the floor in front of the passenger so it was just a matter of running cables from that to the display/socket unit.

If you want to put one on the leisure batteries, which in ours are under the driver's seat, then you should be able to get good enough access by removing the seat base back panel , or alternatively might be able to get at it from the 'circular hole' in the swivel base.

You guessed it, mine are under the seat and there's two of them with connectors on the corners, looks like I'll have to dismantle the whole van to fit a battery monitor :(

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
They only fit 12v ones in 5.4m vans as, after the sliding door and the bed, there's nowhere to vent one. They are much more efficient than they used to be though.
Ah right. Phew! I'm glad my van is 5.45m.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back