Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have noticed over this winter that a mark appeared round the edge of the rear wheel arch of my Winnebago Aspect.. only on the habitation door side. It looked like a rusty mark all the way round.. As the RV is all fibreglass I knew that was not the issue.. I found that it is like a hold mark under a film of plastic.. the plastic is bit like those you find protecting area on new appliances.. however this would not peel off.. it was obviously put on at the Winnebago factory when they fitted the outer wheel arch mouldings... with great care and 3 hours of work I have now managed to remove this plastic see through covering.. the marks have all now gone and it looks good even if I say so myself.. funny it was only on one side of the RV.

It is that time of the year I am doing all the little jobs before the season starts.. I needed to repaint the Reece tow ball where the new roller wheel was fitted by a friend on RVOC.. got some surface rust, so a quick lick of paint sorted that.. Found a couple other little jobs that needed doing and I am now ready to re load water etc., not to long before we use it again...

Bob:thumb: so what have you just done?

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I have noticed over this winter that a mark appeared round the edge of the rear wheel arch of my Winnebago Aspect.. only on the habitation door side. It looked like a rusty mark all the way round.. As the RV is all fibreglass I knew that was not the issue.. I found that it is like a hold mark under a film of plastic.. the plastic is bit like those you find protecting area on new appliances.. however this would not peel off.. it was obviously put on at the Winnebago factory when they fitted the outer wheel arch mouldings... with great care and 3 hours of work I have now managed to remove this plastic see through covering.. the marks have all now gone and it looks good even if I say so myself.. funny it was only on one side of the RV.

It is that time of the year I am doing all the little jobs before the season starts.. I needed to repaint the Reece tow ball where the new roller wheel was fitted by a friend on RVOC.. got some surface rust, so a quick lick of paint sorted that.. Found a couple other little jobs that needed doing and I am now ready to re load water etc., not to long before we use it again...

Bob:thumb: [HI]so what have you just done[/HI]?

I have just found my MH vandalised.. one hole and some scratches to one side and a small dent in the drivers door. Complete and utter SCUMBAGS!:Angry:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Not nice to hear...

Bob

To be honest I think they may have been trying to steal it. Most of the damage is around the back wheel with the wheel clamp on. i think they might have been trying to lever it off but the bodywork was in the way.

Now I need to get some body repairs done. :cry:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
To be honest I think they may have been trying to steal it. Most of the damage is around the back wheel with the wheel clamp on. i think they might have been trying to lever it off but the bodywork was in the way.

Now I need to get some body repairs done. :cry:
That's a real pain in the butt.....keep vigilant 'cos they may well come back better equiped :Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
only 3 hours Bob...you have an easy time mate.

i've been trying to uninstall Avast all bloody day and its still there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I'm sitting in the sun wondering where to go or what to do next. :sin:

Attachments

• Sunday Breakfast Chick run.jpg
    Sunday Breakfast Chick run.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
just spent another 3 hours

Just spent another 3 hours removing the back up sensors that stopped working, and getting the reversing light to work... bloody earth.. think I have traced it... well it is working now at last. Trouble is I have to have Sue in the cab working the automatic setting it to reverse .. which requires an engine start up as I have a VanBitz immobiliser fitted and it is a case of working round the problem starting the engine, putting in reverse then turning the engine off while it remains in reverse gear to activate the back up light... nothing is straight forward.

Anyway way I am getting to old to keep be crawling under the RV.. taken back up sensors out now..

Bob:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back