3 Dongle (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi,Sinbad 1,have i got this right when i take out the 3 driver of my pc and put the telstra down load on,then when i plug the 3 dongle back in the usb port it will self down load the soft ware back on the pc for the 3 dongle?.john

Not sure what you are saying i'll try and explain.

Help file quote

Unlocking ZTE 627 Please Only Proceed If You Are Capable Of Understanding These Instructions! You Do This At Your Own Risk!

If You Run Vista Do Not Try It, Only XP( ignor this it does work with vista)

Make sure no simcard is inserted in the dongle.
Plug it into the back of PC! As usb hubs and front ports can sometimes cause issues.
If not already done so allow modem to install drivers.

Let XP say “Device is installed & ready for use” Go to Start\Control Panel\System\Device Manager\ Make sure dongle is installed with drivers.
Unzip file called “ZTE.zip”

Run Flash Updater, when it has found device the download button will become active. Click Download and leave it to flash, Mine took 18 minutes.
Do not unplug or use PC or you may break your dongle!
When it has finished it will tell you!
Unplug it & put in your Vodafone/T-mobile/Orange or O2 Sim or whatever.
Run the auto run file and install Telstra connection manager, make sure there is no other connection manager installed, if there is then uninstall first.
Depending on your type of sim you need to add the right config file for your provider.

Search Google for the right APN etc for whatever type of sim you have.
For an O2 sim on a contract it was-
Click settings, Click Add, Config Name = O2Dial Number= *99#user = fasterpass= password APN= mobile.o2.co.uk DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 I left the rest default and set the O2 config as the default provider.

After you have done the above your dongle willno longer autoload the 3 software but the download manager that will reconise several sim cards.

Regards

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Sinbad

Thanks for the link but I have tried it a few times and it keeps failing to update, I think its only works with the ZTE627 and not the ZTE MF622, which is a pity, if you know of a link to any other unlocking software I would appreciate it

Thanks

Link Removed select free user and download to desktop you will need to open the file with winrar or 7zip click here

Important make sure you follow the instructions that come with the file first.

Regards

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi, Sinbad

Thanks for the link but I have tried it a few times and it keeps failing to update, I think its only works with the ZTE627 and not the ZTE MF622, which is a pity, if you know of a link to any other unlocking software I would appreciate it

Thanks

Hi
As i understand the free unlocker only works with the free 3 dongle thats on offer,If you look back Jim used a Dc-unlocker | Credits ;but you have to pay for that.

You'd be better off ordering one of the new 3 dongles it'll only cost you £4.95 Link Removed

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zebra

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Sunny Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 2.1
£3.99 is back

no longer available, never mind another one will be along in a min.
by the way I read it that a dongle could be unlocked fee unlimited, did I get it wrong or did you not go to the right place.

I've just ordered an iPhone sim for £3.99 off Ebay so keep checking, they still do come along at this price.

iPhone O2 3G Pay & Go Sim - FREE INTERNET AND WiFi
120446422254 - Price: £3.99
Quantity:1

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I am pulling my hair out with this one, I have been so close to getting it working, but still seem so far. :cry:

I have used various methods and one of them was to use the 3 access menu. I will use that one for now and see if someone can help me ( I have the PAID for usb dongle, Hauawei mobile connect - 3G modem)

The dongle was unlocked with dc-unlocker, the same as Jim (scotjimland)

I have got this far, see attachments:

It shows the o2 connected, you can not see the blue line but it is on the 3rd blue bar.

I have attached the diags file

Do I put anything in the pin box?

Can anyone help me?

TIA

Steve

ps

I have used this and got to a similar position as above with

What the.....?: Mobile Broadband Unlocked to Any Network + Free Internet Access

I believe my problem may have been in the config.ini as the modem was different.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I had no luck unlocking my 3 dongle so bought an O2 payg dongle intending to use my i phone sim. Will this give me the 12months free internet and wi fi ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I am pulling my hair out with this one, I have been so close to getting it working, but still seem so far. :cry:

I have used various methods and one of them was to use the 3 access menu. I will use that one for now and see if someone can help me ( I have the PAID for usb dongle, Hauawei mobile connect - 3G modem)

The dongle was unlocked with dc-unlocker, the same as Jim (scotjimland)

I have got this far, see attachments:

It shows the o2 connected, you can not see the blue line but it is on the 3rd blue bar.

I have attached the diags file

Do I put anything in the pin box?

Can anyone help me?

TIA

Steve

ps

I have used this and got to a similar position as above with

What the.....?: Mobile Broadband Unlocked to Any Network + Free Internet Access

I believe my problem may have been in the config.ini as the modem was different.

Hi Steve , just saw your post

Don't use the 3 Connect software .. if it opens , close it then..

Connect using windows network and sharing centre , look for the dongle dial up connection ..

Configure it as
Name is: payandgo
Password: payandgo

phone number: *99#

hth

Jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had no luck unlocking my 3 dongle so bought an O2 payg dongle intending to use my i phone sim. Will this give me the 12months free internet and wi fi ?

Hi

Yes, If it has the 'bolt on' offer from O2 ,

to prove it, try it for a while then put the sim in the phone and check your balance..

jim

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Steve , just saw your post

Don't use the 3 Connect software .. if it opens , close it then..

Connect using windows network and sharing centre , look for the dongle dial up connection ..

Configure it as

hth

Jim

Thanks Jim

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Once ou have unlocked your dongle the 3 software needs removing and a separate internet connection manager is required.

Use the one jim has suggested or use the free one that comes with the free unlocker download
I am currently on the east coast and have a choice of 3 o2 and vodafone sims to use the settings for each are loaded into the Telstra internet manager.

regards

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Once ou have unlocked your dongle the 3 software needs removing and a separate internet connection manager is required.

Use the one jim has suggested or use the free one that comes with the free unlocker download
I am currently on the east coast and have a choice of 3 o2 and vodafone sims to use the settings for each are loaded into the Telstra internet manager.

regards

Hi

I never got Telstra manager to work with my dongle.. tried everything I know, must be something to do with the way it's been un locked ? dunno , . but it connects fine though the windows manager ..

Jim

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Configure it as

hth

Jim[/QUOTE]

Hi Jim,

Tried that now as well, so near yet so far. :Doh:

I want to keep the 3g as I have a pay as you go sim and it would be helpfull if there was no o2 present.

Ihave the connection for o2 with 3g but it is something so simple i am sure :Eeek:

Any other ideas? Besides, buy a Mac ::bigsmile:

Steve :thumb:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

regards

Hi Sinbad

I tried the telstra as well, no luck :Doh:

I even tried the o2 from Australia one as posted earlier, i think my problem then was the config.ini was looking for a different modem, or am I wrong?

TIA

Steve

Is this any use?

http://www.joikusoft.com/

With this in a blackberry with the o2 sim?

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi

I never got Telstra manager to work with my dongle.. tried everything I know, must be something to do with the way it's been un locked ? dunno , . but it connects fine though the windows manager ..

Jim

Yes i remember you had that problem, you could be right maybe the dunlocker ? although others say it's the same file ;but free? suppose you have tried r installing Telstra.

regards

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes i remember you had that problem, you could be right maybe the dunlocker ? although others say it's the same file ;but free? suppose you have tried r installing Telstra.

regards

yeah, tried all sorts .. must be to do with D unlocker, it unlocks in a flash (literally) no software upload and it doesn't affect the 3 software on the dongle as it still works with the 3 SIM and 3 connection manager ..

jim

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Dongle!!!!.

I give it up as a bad job,i had the bars showing 02 or 3. Think ill say with 3 !

Now have 2x3 dongles and a T mobile as well.

If you are going to Malvern give us an e/mail sort it out for me as i no i am a bit thick on this one.
john

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Just a thought when you look like you are connected with the bars showing, have you then opened your normal browser e.g. Firefox or IE7/8, you proberbly have done this but I thought I would mention it just in case you haven't as you could be actually connected.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Configure it as

hth

Hi Jim,

Tried that now as well, so near yet so far. :Doh:

config name o2

dial number *99***1#

user name payandgo

password payandgo

all other settings default

As i have said previously if the three dongle software is on your computer the
Telstra intenet connection manage does'nt seem to work.The free unlocker does remove the autostart that comes programmed into the dongle,

regards

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
yeah, tried all sorts .. must be to do with D unlocker, it unlocks in a flash (literally) no software upload and it doesn't affect the 3 software on the dongle as it still works with the 3 SIM and 3 connection manager ..

jim

This is why the Telstra connection manager won't work,you could try unlocking with the free unlocker then it would work ;but as you have found a way round that you may not want to risk it,having said that i can't see any reason why it would not work.

regards

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Yipee,

I have got it working at last.

That is my 3 dongle with o2 sim free internet.

The settings for apn I came accross by dogged persistence :thumb:

I downloaded Mobile Partner from dc-unlocker

Link Removed

or

Link Removed

It is in "Not customised managers"

unzip and then do this

Tool/options/profilemanagement/new

Profile = o2

Apn = Dynamic (so it is blank)

user = web

pass = web

Well that is how i got it to work, says 53.6 kbps

Now need to test it a bit more, Oh, and see if I can still get it to work with 3 sim :Doh:

Help needed

Can anyone tell me how to disable autostart on the dongle?

I have tried

Moving

Re-naming

Change from read only

Ideas please!

Thanks for the help as it made me more determined, just took a long time. :Doh:

Steve

:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky:

Last edited:

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
now i`am working

:thumb::thumb::thumb: now i`am working with the 3dongle and 02 sim and it works with 3 as well,But please donot ask now as i donot no.It works on my note book and also on my laptop and i can still use my other 3dongle as well,so now have 3,02,T-mobile,but still think 3 is the best and fastest but that may be were we live time will tell.thanks for all the help you have given me.

John in sunny Shrewsbury

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back