Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Compatability with Vista

Despite the warnings, I can say categorically that you can use the flash software with Vista. No issues at all, but be patient, it does take a little while.

Followed your advice, Jim, loaded up £10 credit on the O2 sim card having got it started in my GSM phone (no problems) - and this is the result. This connection is now via the O2 simcard. Not as quick as the 3 sim card, but, hell, I'm patient, and can learn how to become more patient for £10 for the year!

I will probably use up the 3 credit, and then move totally over to the O2 card, provided it still works. You wonder that once O2 get wise, they will find some way to block it.

But I will still have £10 of phone credit to use!

Steve

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Despite the warnings, I can say categorically that you can use the flash software with Vista. No issues at all, but be patient, it does take a little while.

Followed your advice, Jim, loaded up £10 credit on the O2 sim card having got it started in my GSM phone (no problems) - and this is the result. This connection is now via the O2 simcard. Not as quick as the 3 sim card, but, hell, I'm patient, and can learn how to become more patient for £10 for the year!

I will probably use up the 3 credit, and then move totally over to the O2 card, provided it still works. You wonder that once O2 get wise, they will find some way to block it.

But I will still have £10 of phone credit to use!

Steve

Thanks for the conformation is that for the free software and the paid for or just the dc unlocker?

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I used the free software - no problems.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
ok now got my 3 dongle and flashed with the free software using vista no problems all seems to be ok. did remove the 3 software and install the telstra manager.

Unfortunately where i am i don't get 3 coverage need to go mobile to check that.

All i need now is an o2 sim, am i correct in assuming as its unlocked I'll still be able to use the three Sim and an o2 sim and any other sim providing i input the connection details and can switch between the two using telstra connection manager providing the connection details are there.

regards

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
ok now got my 3 dongle and flashed with the free software using vista no problems all seems to be ok. did remove the 3 software and install the telstra manager.

Unfortunately where i am i don't get 3 coverage need to go mobile to check that.

All i need now is an o2 sim, am i correct in assuming as its unlocked I'll still be able to use the three Sim and an o2 sim and any other sim providing i input the connection details and can switch between the two using telstra connection manager providing the connection details are there.

regards

well done .

I removed the 3 software but haven't been able to get the Telsra manager to recognise the un locked dongle .. tried all i know so gave up on it and connected using Vista internet connection manager .. It works fine but still puzzled why the Telstra wouldn't work .. any ideas ?

you should be able to use any data sim after unlocking.

Jim

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Cannot work out why your 3 card should not work. Mine does, and I don't think I did anything clever. If you are getting this start up screen, you should be able to create a profile for whatever sim(s) you use.
Steve

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
well done .

I removed the 3 software but haven't been able to get the Telsra manager to recognise the un locked dongle .. tried all i know so gave up on it and connected using Vista internet connection manager .. It works fine but still puzzled why the Telstra wouldn't work .. any ideas ?

you should be able to use any data sim after unlocking.

Jim
Hi jim
At first it wouldn't reconise mine ; but you need to put in the connection settings (for your sim)and make default ,have you added *99# to the dial number in config ?

Last edited by a moderator:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi jim
At first it wouldn't reconise mine ; but you need to put in the connection settings (for your sim)and make default ,have you added *99# to the dial number in config ?

yeah, tried that .. but might give it another shot .. but it's working fine without it..

cheers

jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi sinbad

I've double checked the settings on Telstra and still doesn't 'see' the dongle ..
and even if the settings were wrong would it not at least see it ?

see att. it just sits like this

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Seems odd Jim

Have you tried other usb ports

it does say uninstall any connection managers would that include the vista setup?

expect you done this ;but incase you haven't
For an O2 sim on a contract it was-
Click settings, Click Add, Config Name = O2Dial Number= *99#user = fasterpass= password APN= mobile.o2.co.uk DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 I left the rest default and set the O2 config as the default provider.
Must admit i did do a fair bit of fiddling to get it so see my dongle, only have the original 3 sim at present.

By the way the image you get is the same as mine and did initially have to unplug and plug back in a few times before it reconised it.

these are my setting for 3 though

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Seems odd Jim

Have you tried other usb ports

it does say uninstall any connection managers would that include the vista setup?

expect you done this ;but incase you haven't
For an O2 sim on a contract it was-
Click settings, Click Add, Config Name = O2Dial Number= *99#user = fasterpass= password APN= mobile.o2.co.uk DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 DNS servers= 193.113.200.195 I left the rest default and set the O2 config as the default provider.
Must admit i did do a fair bit of fiddling to get it so see my dongle, only have the original 3 sim at present.

By the way the image you get is the same as mine and did initially have to unplug and plug back in a few times before it reconised it.

these are my setting for 3 though

Link Removed

cheers .. will keep trying, I like a challenge

for info

for a PAYG o2 sim the settings are

phone *99#
APN= payandgo.o2.co.uk
user= payandgo
password= payandgo

jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Sinbad

another thought

you flashed your dongle with the free software, did that remove the 3 software ?

I used the DC Unlocker.which doesn't remove the 3 software

so, do I need to flash it and install generic connection software .. ( my head hurts )

jim

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi Sinbad

another thought

you flashed your dongle with the free software, did that remove the 3 software ?

I used the DC Unlocker.which doesn't remove the 3 software

so, do I need to flash it and install generic connection software .. ( my head hurts )

jim

Not sure if the free unlocker does remove the 3 software ,

In my case ,new dongle, no sim, used the software to unlock, then installed the dongle driver which put in the 3 software, so removed this using the uninstaller followed by ccleaner. then installed Telstra, so i don't think it removes the 3 software from the dongle;but if left on the pc would interfere with Telstra.

Have a look in the device manager whilst your dongle is attached under ports (com& lpt)and check if there is any exclamation marks and check the driver version for the ZTE device could be a driver issue.

Link Removed

Probably something simple though::bigsmile:

i did read in the 3 booklet that let the dongle provide the driver and not let windows not sure why/

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looks ok

and if it aint broke let's not fix it till it is .. :Rolf1:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thought I'd check the credit on the o2 sim ... £11 25 .. more than I started with .. :Eeek:

can't be bad and I have done some heavy duty downloads since I started using it ..

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Thought I'd check the credit on the o2 sim ... £11 25 .. more than I started with .. :Eeek:

can't be bad and I have done some heavy duty downloads since I started using it ..

Thats great looks like you got a bonus or they are paying high interst rates on your balance:ROFLMAO:not got my o2 sim yet still waiting.

Not sure what's happening ;but the 3 sim that came with the dongle is letting me access the internet ? ::bigsmile: the booklet say's i need to add credit in order to use the internet.
mind you its pretty slow, having said that reception where i am is not that good.

regards

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Sinbad

just realised, when you used the free software it would delete the 3 software on the dongle .. unlike mine which is only unlocked.. hence my not being able to use the Telstra connect dashboard..

I was thinking on flashing it but decided not to ... as I said, no point in fixing if it aint broke ..

jim

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi Sinbad

just realised, when you used the free software it would delete the 3 software on the dongle .. unlike mine which is only unlocked.. hence my not being able to use the Telstra connect dashboard..

I was thinking on flashing it but decided not to ... as I said, no point in fixing if it aint broke ..

jim

It could be you are correct.

If the setup configuration is still on the dongle i am pretty sure that if you go to my computer where it shows drives etc you will see that orange 3 number is shown as well as a usb drive.

right clicking and selecting properties would show you the installation files.
If however the unlocker has removed the installation files then it would just show up as an empty usb drive

regards

just to add if your drives do have the 3 software like ( i have temp replaced the 3 software L drive is the dongle)this
Link Removed

copy the 3 to a folder on say the desktop , then delete this will remove the software and autorun so you don't need to do a reflash worth a try and if there is any problems simply replace the 3.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp

leave it alone jim its making more interest than the building soc:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Can someone explain the O2 free Internet access for a year for just £10, only I have been searching and it seems very confusing the only link I can find sates you need an iPhone and it costs £10 per month, help please

this is the only link i could find O2 Web & Wi-Fi - O2

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi,

Can someone explain the O2 free Internet access for a year for just £10, only I have been searching and it seems very confusing the only link I can find sates you need an iPhone and it costs £10 per month, help please

Hi

search ebay , you won't find it on the o2 site

your looking for

O2 iPhone 3G Pay & Go Sim Card ,,, - FREE INTERNET AND WIFI

jim

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi,

if you not allready found itLink Removed

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
HI can some help me?

Hi All, can you help ?. i have a 3 dongle now that i use but in seeing this i have ordered a New dongle £4.95 and have been on ebay and ordered an 02 sim card all that part in and- would like to on this.When i get the new 3 dongle put it in to my laptop to unlock it will it unlock my old 3 dongle that i use and take out the driver info as well?if you see what i mean?.I am thinking that when my old 3 dongle contract stops i can then go over to the new one and have internet for a year.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all I am having difficulties with changing my 3 dongle. I have got the O2 I phone sim and have bought for £9 95 from a guy on Ebay the unlock code and download sites to run the unlocked dongle but it just does not work.
Does any body know if you will get the same free internet by using the I Phone sim in an O2 PAYG dongle

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi All, can you help ?. i have a 3 dongle now that i use but in seeing this i have ordered a New dongle £4.95 and have been on ebay and ordered an 02 sim card all that part in and- would like to on this.When i get the new 3 dongle put it in to my laptop to unlock it will it unlock my old 3 dongle that i use and take out the driver info as well?if you see what i mean?.I am thinking that when my old 3 dongle contract stops i can then go over to the new one and have internet for a year.

Unlocking your 3 dongle does not remove the driver, just changes the chip info ;

Nor will it change your existing contract, it will not work with your existing 3 software this should be removed , instead the unlocking file also includes its own connection manager(Telstra Turbo).

You didn't need another 3 dongle ;but at £4.95 its no loss.

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
3 Dongle???

Hi,Sinbad 1,have i got this right when i take out the 3 driver of my pc and put the telstra down load on,then when i plug the 3 dongle back in the usb port it will self down load the soft ware back on the pc for the 3 dongle?.john

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi,

Anyone have a free link to unlocking a "3" ZTE MF622 dongle

Thanks

Link Removed select free user and download to desktop you will need to open the file with winrar or 7zip click here

Important make sure you follow the instructions that come with the file first.

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back