3 Dongle in £rance

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Jim, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +99,324
    I had occasion to check mail whilst on route through France last Month I know I shouldn't but had no choice, just got the bill, worked out at £2.56 per megabyte. :Eeek: The phone companies are making hay whilst the sun shines, let's hope the regulators can stop this daylight robbery soon.:Angry:

2. vanessa

vanessa Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Ouch! That's steep, Jim:Eeek:

Next time, just park up outside a MacDonald's and use their free wifi:winky:

3. Pronto

Pronto

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked out at £3 per Meg in Spain last year. Worse still, I'd forgotten to turn off Windows auto-updating and before I realised what was happening I'd run up a bill of nearly £50 :Doh:

Idiocy can be expensive :Blush:

4. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Ratings:
    +18
    :Cool: Chcken feed. When touring and using PAYG Mobile to Laptop for accessing emails. It used to cost £2 just to get a couple of emails and send a couple. :Eeek:

Still. I suppose a carrier Pidgeon would have had a problem finding us. :ROFLMAO:

5. Bryan

Bryan

Ratings:
    +342

NOOOOO!!!!!

Free wifi sounds great, but the kids clamouring for a 'McDonalds' will mean that the saving on mobile internet costs will be more than wiped out by the resulting meal bill! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +99,324
    In the news today an item about mobile call charges prices dropping in Europe:thumb: BBC News Item

7. Baldy

Baldy

Ratings:
    +0
    3 dongles in Europe

Dropping prices, in this day and age, I can only hope so.

McD's sounds like a plan, with regards to the kids clamouring for a burger and chips, I thought thats what belly lockers were for.:ROFLMAO: