LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm wondering if its cost effective to get several sims?

Will study more tomorrow.

Thanks for your help :Smile:
I've got four that I can use for mobile internet, 2 x T Mobile @ £1.00 per day, or £2.50 for five days, 1 x Vodafone @ £2.00 per day, and 1 x Hutchinson 3 @ £7.50 per month for 5Gb. Hopefully I should never be in an area where I can't get a signal.

HTH,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Uncle-Steve

Free Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funster No
I've got four that I can use for mobile internet, 2 x T Mobile @ £1.00 per day, or £2.50 for five days, 1 x Vodafone @ £2.00 per day, and 1 x Hutchinson 3 @ £7.50 per month for 5Gb. Hopefully I should never be in an area where I can't get a signal.

HTH,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

I've just received the where with all to unlock my E160G modem which seems to indicate I need to change settings every time I want to use a different network, is that correct?

Thanks

Steve

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Steve,

I sent my dongle away to be unlocked, and it came back with the "Mobile Partner" software on it, along with a "Dongle Help Disc" and an A4 sheet with all the providers settings.

I just followed the various steps, and put in the settings for each provider. Now my dongle recognises each sim card, and finds the provider's signal.

If you need any settings from my list, please PM me, and I'll do the business for you.

Best regards,

Jock.

P.S. I find the "Mobile Partner" software easier to use and preset, compared to 3's own software prior to unlocking. I was also informed that my dongle couldn't be DIY unlocked using the IMEI code alone.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Steve,

I sent my dongle away to be unlocked, and it came back with the "Mobile Partner" software on it, along with a "Dongle Help Disc" and an A4 sheet with all the providers settings.

I just followed the various steps, and put in the settings for each provider. Now my dongle recognises each sim card, and finds the provider's signal.

If you need any settings from my list, please PM me, and I'll do the business for you.

Best regards,

Jock.

P.S. I find the "Mobile Partner" software easier to use and preset, compared to 3's own software prior to unlocking. I was also informed that my dongle couldn't be DIY unlocked using the IMEI code alone.

Jock, where for you send said dongal for unlocking.:thumb:

Uncle-Steve

Free Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funster No
Hi Jock,

Thanks for the offer of the sheet. I need to sit down and actually unlock my dongle. I did receive a document with loads of settings for different providers, so probably the same sheet.

For those wondering where I obtained my unlocking service, I used this one Link Removed Paid £3.00. I had to let them know the IMEI No. and they have sent a code back to me with a link for the unlocking software.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Steve,

I too tried one of those code download sellers, as they listed my E160G dongle. They sent me an email telling me that they could unlock my dongle, but provided a list of others who could, and that they had fullfilled their obligation to me, in other words, we've got your fiver, now pi$$ off. :whatthe::Angry:

Jock.

P.S. I am having big problems retrieving my emails through Mozilla Thunderbird when connected to 3 using the dongle. Grrrrrr. There's no problem when using Vodafone, T Mobile, or when I am at home on the BT Hub. :whatthe:

Uncle-Steve

Free Member
Jan 24, 2008
Funster No
Hi Steve,

I too tried one of those code download sellers, as they listed my E160G dongle. They sent me an email telling me that they could unlock my dongle, but provided a list of others who could, and that they had fullfilled their obligation to me, in other words, we've got your fiver, now pi$$ off. :whatthe::Angry:

Jock.

P.S. I am having big problems retrieving my emails through Mozilla Thunderbird when connected to 3 using the dongle. Grrrrrr. There's no problem when using Vodafone, T Mobile, or when I am at home on the BT Hub. :whatthe:

Hmmmm. I too may have wasted my money,:Eeek: as I can't get the software to see my hardware. I'm now waiting to see what reply I get.

Who did you use for your unlocking?

Thanks

Steve

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have now unlocked 2 3 moobile dongles successfully using the code supplied by 3g fever on ebay. However unlocking the first taught me a lot.

With the first had trouble getting the laptop seeing the dongle with the 3 software after the dongle had been unlocked. I had to flash the dongle with the standard huwai connection manager and all was ok.

For the second I did the following:

1 Download and install the Mobile partner connection manager specified an the 3-g shop on ebay. Instal onto laptop and unlock the dongle. You need to have a sim for a different provider to enable the unlock part of mobile provider.

2. download the lastest dongle firmware from the Huawii website and flash the dongle firmware.

3. insert the dongle and let the drivers instal and mobile partner to update and start.

4. set up a profile for the 3 service using the same settings as the original 3 software.

Restart the pc the original 3 service can now be connect through mobile partner.

When you want to use a differnet provider set up a profile for that provider using the correct settings.

Hope that this is understandable and helpful.

Lunarman

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Who did you use for your unlocking?

Thanks

Steve
Hi Steve,

If you don't have any joy from Lunarman's guide above, PM me and I'll give you the details that I gave Dane, (Diablo).
I don't want to make the chap's email details public knowledge, without his consent.

Cheers,

Jock.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am finding that 3 are rapidly improving their coverage, hold on a while and you shouldn't need a booster. :thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Just unlocked mine using unlock code from internet site £8.50 they supplied code and utility to unlock, also mobile partner software as Jock has. Works a treat now need to get a Vodaphone sim. Of to flebay once again.:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I am finding that 3 are rapidly improving their coverage, hold on a while and you shouldn't need a booster. :thumb:
We are about four miles out of Lincoln, (along with Patsy4), Pat & Neil, and when installing my 3 dongle, I only received 1 bar on the signal scale. (WCMDA) :Sad:

By adding a USB extension lead, and hanging the dongle off the rear view mirror on the windscreen, I am now getting 5 bars on the signal scale. It's HSDPA, and I am whizzing along nicely thanks. :roflmto: And that's with all the metallic blinds down, and the silver screens on too. Magic, eh? :ROFLMAO:

Dane, glad to hear that you got sorted out. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back