3 Data SIM 4G PAYG 24GB £31.29 (2 Years) (1 Viewer)

1931citreon

Free Member
Aug 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Surely this EE offering at 120gb or loaded for 12 months is infinitely better?

Amazon product ASIN B09BFXRM4C
They also have smaller data for less months available. I believe you can get the sims in Argos if you don't want to use Amazon.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've been using one of the EE ones, 60gb/month for 6 months for £40.
Nowdays 20gb is only a weeks use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

1931citreon

Free Member
Aug 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Lenny, I have used my three internet with legs card all year as a back up in Spain but just recently got the dreaded text to say I was using it continuously abroad and I had to return to UK otherwise they would suspend it. I don't suppose you have been abroad this year to verify if EE have started to clamp down on roaming with these preloaded data cards like they have their normal contract and PAYG offerings.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Surely this EE offering at 120gb or loaded for 12 months is infinitely better?

Amazon product ASIN B09BFXRM4C
They also have smaller data for less months available. I believe you can get the sims in Argos if you don't want to use Amazon.
EE SIMS are an alternative worth considering but for us 24GB has lasted 2 years (using data saver on our phones they are set to default to WiFi where available & only update when free WiFi) so the 3 SIM is great value but all depends on your pattern of usage.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny, I have used my three internet with legs card all year as a back up in Spain but just recently got the dreaded text to say I was using it continuously abroad and I had to return to UK otherwise they would suspend it. I don't suppose you have been abroad this year to verify if EE have started to clamp down on roaming with these preloaded data cards like they have their normal contract and PAYG offerings.
The ee pre loaded data cards are UK only.
We are going over the end of next month I'll probably look at buying local sims, easy in Portugal with NoS but not so easy in France.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Cheers Wombles
Aparrantly I bought last one in October last
Has been in my tablet since then with constant use even using navionics app. Works fine for me

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Just to add, l never too up the 24g sims from three l always buy a couple and dump one thats used the data.

1931citreon

Free Member
Aug 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Just to avoid confusion I full time. I have a SIM in my router ,usually Vodafone 100gb contact but they clamped down on continuous roaming usage whilst in EU recently, but more recently Spanish simyo prepago.
I have a dual SIM phone using 1pmobile for calls and texts and usually a 24gb Three card for data but again they have clamped down on this for continuous usage abroad.
I spend extended winters in Spain but covid has meant I have actually been abroad a whole year this time and unfortunately the UK phone networks have tightened their fair usage policies whilst away.
The EE card appeared a good option for my type of usage as trickle data in my phone but I would have the option of loads of data at short notice if normal router card became suspended. However as Lenny points out of only for UK use this is no good for my needs.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Do these Three sims have to activated in the U.K.?
I have bought a couple, thanks for the heads up Wombles (y), but want to take them to France with us rather than use them in the U.K.
Don't want the time clock to start straight away as I might not need to use them for a while.

Richard.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Do these Three sims have to activated in the U.K.?
I have bought a couple, thanks for the heads up Wombles (y), but want to take them to France with us rather than use them in the U.K.
Don't want the time clock to start straight away as I might not need to use them for a while.

Richard.
It needs to be activated in UK http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_international/Roaming_abroad

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Price went back up to £44.90 but dropped to £34.99 again today :xsmile:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
They used to be good value before streaming was the morn, now very expensive for not much more than a weeks data.
Still good value for us as usually lasts 1-2 years for each of us so cheaper than a contract but depends on personal usage & settings for updates on devices etc.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I get unlimited data, calls and texts and free Netflix for £18 a month. EE.
But £18 a month is expensive for those who only use a Gb or two a month surfing the net (well, logging onto Fun!). £216 vs £35 - £45.:xsmile:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Still good value for us as usually lasts 1-2 years for each of us so cheaper than a contract but depends on personal usage & settings for updates on devices etc.
Last trip 6½ weeks we used 110 GB it would have been nearer 150 if we has used the telly every day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back