3 course meal incl wine & coffee €6.00 (1 Viewer)

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Churrascaria Serpinense Snack Bar, Serpins, Coimbra District, Central Portugal. Opposite the Railway Station.

Feb 2010 I had arranged to collect a new cycle trailer whilst in Portugal to save the carriage costs. Got to the collection point at Serpins Railway Station and on taking the dog for a walk round the village noticed a few locals going into a bar/cafe. Chalk board with menu outside had Cazido Portuguese Style as the main dish. Didn't know what a Cazido was and not in my pocket dictionary. If it's good enough for the locals then I was sure it would be good enough for me.

No one spoke English but I mimed eating and was shown to a table in the spotless dining room. Managed to establish that it was meat & vegetables so Cazido it was. Chose red wine & a jug ( filled 4 glasses ) appeared. Meat was grilled beef. Vegetables potato, carrot, marrow & cabbage with rice. Followed by soupa. Very tasty and I think it's a continuous process with unused food added to the pot every morning. Desert was a chocolate mousse. Expresso coffee to finish.

I couldn't believe the price when I paid at the bar. The food was so good I went back the next day for lunch. Deep fried dinky sardines with rice & cabbage. Same soupa. Caramel desert.

The other side of the tracks from the cafe there was an area that had been prepared for building. In Portugal this means the roads, lighting & services are all there. Looked like it had been done several years ago but not one brick/block has been laid. A great place to overnight I thought and it was. N 40° 9' 23" W 8° 12' 32".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back