3 12GB/12mth data sim for only £30? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Just bought this, I thought 56 pounds was not bad as reduced from more than 70 pounds. Really surprised they reduced the price again

We also use EE and have a couple of the 6Gb for 3months cards at 14 pounds, each card has an expiry date on it, on the cards I have used this ranges from 05/23 to 07/25??

We also have some of these sims, where is the expiry date printed because ours don't seem to have one.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
How usable is the '3' sim abroad, we did have one on contract but couldn't get it to connect last year at all so I'm hoping that we will this time round.

What are people's experiences please?

I had a 3 with a £20 feel at home add on when I went round France clockwise sept last year it was in my phone and had no problems at all even when the bars were low I was still able to get what I wanted....

It's the first First time I kept my roaming on and thought it was brill....

Where have I been all my life...!:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We have several stock piled to use at our static and have also used several too - they don't require activation by X days so you're safe to keep it unused .. :)
Many thanks MInxy, if I remember right that 6Gb cost me £17 from an EE shop.

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
I also just bought one at £56 last week!!!! thought I had bagged myself a good deal :mad:. Can confirm when I placed the order it said standard SIM but when it arrived it said it was a trio SIM on the packet for use in any unlocked 3G or 4G tablet, dongle or mobile wi-fi device, 3 say they have put all 3 SIM's, Standard, Micro & Nano on one card, you just pop out the size you need. I understand from man in the 3 shop countdown does start from activation not date of purchase.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I also just bought one at £56 last week!!!! thought I had bagged myself a good deal :mad:.
Same here, so under the distance selling rules, (up to 14 days money back) I have posted ours back with the correct (downloaded) returns form filled in.
In the meantime, I have purchased one of the 12Gb + sims @ £30, and will purchase another shortly. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Thanks never thought of that, what form did you download and from where, I still have delivery note I ordered mine from 3 on 2nd Feb so think I will send mind back as well(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Same here, so under the distance selling rules, (up to 14 days money back) I have posted ours back with the correct (downloaded) returns form filled in.
In the meantime, I have purchased one of the 12Gb + sims @ £30, and will purchase another shortly. ;)

Cheers,

Lol Jock Bill said good on ya mate :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
How usable is the '3' sim abroad, we did have one on contract but couldn't get it to connect last year at all so I'm hoping that we will this time round.

What are people's experiences please?

Bit of a belated response and can only say that the 3 Data Sim I used in France last year was excellent. Never without coverage (though we do use a cheapo antenna for the mifi). So impressed that I have bought a 3 payg sim for the second slot in my dual sim phone for our next trip. I did find that one of the 3 partners (FREE) was a little slower (throttled?) than the others.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Cheers,

Thanks for the heads-up Jock .... mine's now on it's way back having purchased a £30 one instead.(y)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Can anybody tell me does the 3 sim that you are all talking about work in Spain

Yes but only for basic browsing, email. It is throttled, never managed to watch a Youtube vid using it in France or Spain.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
And I've just right now, purchased one for the lovely Rita. ;) I certainly know how to spoil a woman, eh? :LOL:

Yes but only for basic browsing, email. It is throttled, never managed to watch a Youtube vid using it in France or Spain.
That'll do for me, ie, a bit of news and weather, online banking (if necessary), email from daughter and/or neighbour, the odd map update for the tablet perhaps, and access to FUN, especially if we are in Spain over winter. (y)

Cheers,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
(y)
And I've just right now, purchased one for the lovely Rita. ;) I certainly know how to spoil a woman, eh? :LOL:

That'll do for me, ie, a bit of news and weather, online banking (if necessary), email from daughter and/or neighbour, the odd map update for the tablet perhaps, and access to FUN, especially if we are in Spain over winter. (y)

Cheers,

Then you can borrow it, that's cunning Jock.

That's how I get all the things I want Birthday Christmas Valentines etc etc(y)

Martin

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just bought one as well, thank you very mush. 3 worked ok on my mifi at Villasol, not brilliant but better than some peoples. 3 on the phone was really good.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A tip to keep your data usage down, if you are intending to email people type it up in Word first then link to the internet and paste it into the email.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
A tip to keep your data usage down, if you are intending to email people type it up in Word first then link to the internet and paste it into the email.

I love super scrimping tips... I'll add that one ...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I love super scrimping tips... I'll add that one ...
Same applies if you are sent long emails to read, just copy the content to a word document to read at your leisure 'off line'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back