2Sandwiches short of a picnic (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Relevant thread titles, whatever next.
I know, it would be so boring if they were all like that as some of the best threads have had great comments relating to what people interpret the titles to mean! :giggle:

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
I had a good laugh at the prat rules being implemented by the eu babies.
44 ton tankers are collecting cream from a local dairy and transporting it all over Europe. Several of the drivers, who are mainly from Poland are Romanian, thry also take home meat and ham from the local butcher.
How does that work compared with a ham Sandwich? Pathetic.
Having at one time been involved with this type of traffic, the difference is that the load of cream would be accompanied by a mass of paperwork and be subject to quality and health checks. I've no doubt one could import a cheese sandwich if all the relevant paperwork and checks were completed.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Having at one time been involved with this type of traffic, the difference is that the load of cream would be accompanied by a mass of paperwork and be subject to quality and health checks. I've no doubt one could import a cheese sandwich if all the relevant paperwork and checks were completed.
But will the drivers still be able to take their meat bought from a local butcher?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
But will the drivers still be able to take their meat bought from a local butcher?
Not legally. The rules apply to everyone entering the EU. These same rules have been in place for years but of course didn't apply to us until this year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Will all the foreign drivers visiting the UK, usually with lots of food in their lockers and fridges, have their stash inspected and the relevant items confiscated?

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Not as personal imports but if they had the correct paperwork for importing Meat yes.
Hardly think our local butcher could or would want to provide anything other than a till slip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back