2Sandwiches short of a picnic (1 Viewer)

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
OK,So it seems that if you travel to Europe you won't be allowed to take any form of meat,or any dairy products with us,are Europe 2 sandwiches short of a picnic.
I am sure many have seen footage concerning the lorry driver who had his sandwiches confiscated.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Do folks just come on here and post stuff but don't read anything.?
Not criticising but it's getting crazy now.
Agree , this week has been spectacular with duplicate posts etc.... I though one of the new restrictions post Brexit was that you must use the search facility before posting! Unless of course you are exempt......just saying ;)

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Agree , this week has been spectacular with duplicate posts etc.... I though one of the new restrictions post Brexit was that you must use the search facility before posting! Unless of course you are exempt......just saying ;)
You've just the "B" word say 500 Hail Marys, or something.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
On reflection I think I was a bit harsh on the op, as we need as many posts that we can get, but all these repeated threads just dilute the answers on the others then can get missed, it's quite easy to look down the latest posts and see what has been posted, and looking at the whole forum not just certain threads.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
OK,So it seems that if you travel to Europe you won't be allowed to take any form of meat,or any dairy products with us,are Europe 2 sandwiches short of a picnic.
I am sure many have seen footage concerning the lorry driver who had his sandwiches confiscated.
Again I must apologize to the op as I now see he hasn't been on long and maybe isn't up to speed on looking at new posts.
Sorry mate, keep posting. (y) :Smile:

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Double :doh: :doh: Since when has that been the way to respond to a post here, especially someone making their first few posts here. IT ISN'T

I had put a link on to the other thread where the same subject is already being discussed, for some reason it hasnā€™t shown, must have messed it up when selecting the smiley.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Forgive us Bluthunder, some people just forget their manners. Yes this has been discussed here a few times this week, here is one of the threads discussing it today. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/eu-regs-food.233696/

OP
OP
Bluethunder

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Do folks just come on here and post stuff but don't read anything.?
Not criticising but it's getting crazy now.
I am new to this site,and still working out how things work,you lot will have to forgive me as apart from being a poor old pensioner that is ugly and married to a younger woman who demands that I do all the cooking cleaning and shopping I hope that you will bear with this old fart.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I am new to this site,and still working out how things work,you lot will have to forgive me as apart from being a poor old pensioner that is ugly and married to a younger woman who demands that I do all the cooking cleaning and shopping I hope that you will bear with this old fart.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Bluethunder excuse my first post which looked a little odd, it seems I myself had some technical difficulties.

I am also in Peterborough if you need any help/assistance with anything.

OP
OP
Bluethunder

Bluethunder

Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Bluethunder excuse my first post which looked a little odd, it seems I myself had some technical difficulties.

I am also in Peterborough if you need any help/assistance with anything.
I assume you are not talking about the houseworkšŸ¤£, apart from that thanks for your response in these awful times we all need to try and cope with this lockdown. I recently joined the group and find it very interesting and helpful,

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I assume you are not talking about the houseworkšŸ¤£, apart from that thanks for your response in these awful times we all need to try and cope with this lockdown. I recently joined the group and find it very interesting and helpful,

I have enough trouble getting the wife to do ours let alone for somebody else :roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Deja vu all over again . . . .
I was trying to be ironic about posting things that have already been posted :D.

This place moves so fast that you can guarantee that someone reading this thread missed the others. If people worry that something might have been posted before and they might get derogatory comments if it has, then a lot of people would be put off posting. (y)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I was trying to be ironic about posting things that have already been posted :D.

This place moves so fast that you can guarantee that someone reading this thread missed the others. If people worry that something might have been posted before and they might get derogatory comments if it has, then a lot of people would be put off posting. (y)
Didnā€™t you just post that........? ;)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I had a good laugh at the prat rules being implemented by the eu babies.
44 ton tankers are collecting cream from a local dairy and transporting it all over Europe. Several of the drivers, who are mainly from Poland are Romanian, thry also take home meat and ham from the local butcher.
How does that work compared with a ham Sandwich? Pathetic.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I had a good laugh at the prat rules being implemented by the eu babies.
44 ton tankers are collecting cream from a local dairy and transporting it all over Europe. Several of the drivers, who are mainly from Poland are Romanian, thry also take home meat and ham from the local butcher.
How does that work compared with a ham Sandwich? Pathetic.
They are all in the EU, we are not.

Reactions: M-J

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On reflection I think I was a bit harsh on the op, as we need as many posts that we can get, but all these repeated threads just dilute the answers on the others then can get missed, it's quite easy to look down the latest posts and see what has been posted, and looking at the whole forum not just certain threads.
It isn't though is it ... if the titles of the threads were more specific then maybe but we all know that it doesn't often happen, not criticising, just observing.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You're not my husband are you! :oops:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back