2nd honeymoon... (1 Viewer)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Thanks for the beautiful pictures and the useful information, particularly Switzerland. I will be there for the last week and a bit of next month. As I am under 3.5 tonnes I have already got my annual vignette. I will make a point of getting well stocked up in France, I knew it was pricey but heh hoh. I will be Interlaken for about 7 days and Blonay another 4. I will be buying the regional pass for 6 days.

Keep the pictures and dialogue coming please I find it educational, amusing and informative. Thank you.

Clive

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
all sorted but I best wait til tomorrow to further our tale.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
So enjoying this trip and randomly exploring Venice is just how we hope to do it -probably late autumn when schools etc., have gone back.
Many, many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
These are just some of the wonderful things I could of bought if I was married to a different husband...

IMG_1224.JPG

Obviously I wouldn't want a pig..

IMG_1232.JPG

But I was tempted by the cheese...

IMG_1226.JPG

And I bet these smoked meats tasted amazing...

IMG_1242.JPG

I couldn't think of a craft project quickly enough to justify buying any of these beautiful shell buttons..

IMG_1249.JPG

Even I wouldn't want a boars head but I expect Libby and Tim (our daughter and son in law) would love to add him to their collection. Martin however was constantly repeating "non" "it's crap, just French crap, you don't need it, your life is complete "..

IMG_1241.JPG

There could be the next Antiques roadshow latest gem in there.

IMG_1250.JPG

My pleas of potentially starting a new hobby fell on deaf ears too. (No ukes @cliffandger, I did check).

IMG_1252.JPG

What wonderful ornaments for the Moho dashboard..."Non, walk on..you must be mad".

So walk on we did, back to the van and out of Chatenois..

A few additional cars had joined us in the car park, for a minute it felt like we were back in time..

IMG_1256.JPG

There was another row on the left, we saw one that had a clock in the middle of the steering wheel, but I couldn't work out how to open the door for a photo..

IMG_1263.JPG

The normal aire was at the other end of the high street and we'd recommend Chatenois as a stopover if you are ever this way. We found this little car park fine for a night and despite Martins protest we both enjoyed the fete..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Loving your trip through the market!! I'm like you but would buy the tat while Rob was looking at old LPs etc!! Safe travels home and hope the ankle is better.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
No ukes but @SteveandDenise would have been in their element! Lovely photos, and the town looks good for a stopover. Safe travels back xx

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Loved reading about your trip :) I too have a hubby that moves me on quickly at shops, fetes and markets. His lastest trick is to ensure he has the money and just walks further on than me :mad: But I know I am an impulse buyer and if I have to get the money by catching him up then I usually see sense:whistle:

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We left Chatenois and using the campercontact app decided an aire next to a lake looked nice. As we were in no rush we took the back roads.
IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

We stopped along the way for a lunch break in the gorgeous sunshine.

IMG_1303.JPG

Whilst rummaging around in the glove box I found an Austrian go box :rolleyes: must remember we've got one next time..

IMG_1304.JPG

We arrived at the aire and were lucky enough to bag the last space. Sainte Marie Du Lac Nuisemunt..

IMG_1309.JPG

I left Martin to converse with our French neighbours and fanny around with the outside jobs whilst I walked Millie.

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

The kite surfers were lovin life.

IMG_1336.JPG

But only a few hardy souls using the beach, well it was about 8.30pm.

IMG_1338.JPG

When I got back Martin had obviously used the jacks in anger as I needed a step ladder to get into the van! But he assured me we were now perfectly level..

A nice place for bike rides around the lake, dog walks and I'm sure in the summer sunshine it's a great amenity.

Onwards tomorrow to Epernay and fizz.

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We drove past vast fields of rape seed, before the appearance of vineyards heralded our arrival in the champagne region.
IMG_1344.JPG

Martin was in a buoyant mood, I suspect he was relying on Epernay being closed for labour day. We've previously shot past on our way south so I was happy to explore and have a wander.
IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

Well worth the stop, the street of champagne houses was beautiful. The avenue du Champagne.
IMG_1355.JPG

The trees lining the road were all in full bloom and smelt amazing.

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

And readers...this one was open....we were going in....

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Those photos brought back memories of my A level 'see europe in 10 days' coach trip,off the ferry, coffee and croisant in Chartres then a trip round the Bollinger HQ,don't remember what we did for the rest of the day :sleep: and what went on in Genoa put me off Martini for life :LOL:

I've even found my souvenir :)

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
IMG_1371.JPG

I like a glass of fizz as much the next girl and whilst I'm no wine snob I've always preferred Veuve Clicquot to Moet but I was prepared to slum it just to get a peek into their cellars.

IMG_1375.JPG

We paid €24 each :eek: which would include tastings.

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

Our French but English speaking guide was great, she led us down the 22 km of cellars chock a block with bottles of champers.
IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

She explained some of the magical process that makes champagne and I was genuinely surprised that every single bottle of Moet sold spends time in these cellars. I naively thought there would be a modern factory somewhere. o_O

IMG_1397.JPG

With one bottle opened world wide every second (she said) that's a lot of popping.

IMG_1399.JPG

Martin of course was driving so I just had to have his.

IMG_1403.JPG

At over €2,000 a pop I guess this is just for special occasions..

IMG_1404.JPG

All tours end by exiting through the gift shop and by now I had a few glasses under my belt... Luckily Martin said non to this impulse buy....(Sorry Phebs, thought it would be a great welcome back from your honeymoon gift).

IMG_1368.JPG

A slightly piddled selfie..

IMG_1405.JPG

The sunshine was a shock after the cold and dark, we both really enjoyed our tour, perhaps because it was a very small group and everything was closed...we'd like to come back and see some more...

IMG_1413.JPG

Millie wasn't bothered about being left in the van for an hour either...I think she was surprised by my enthusiastic greetings and slurred "I really love you"..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
After spending the night just outside Epernay we bolted up to Calais the next morning for our train home.

6 hours later we were back home in Wales having an Indian with our sons, daughter and son in law, we had been missed!

IMG_1426.JPG

Millie was treated to a wash and blow dry so she now smells gorgeous.

We'd travelled 2530 miles, averaging about 23 mpg and used 14 liters of gas.

We hope you've enjoyed sharing our holibobs and look forward to seeing some of you in a field somewhere...

Oh and those other honeymooners...

IMG_1434.JPG

Looks like they had a good time too..

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

Ciao bella xx

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for sharing your adventures & all the great photos (y)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Really enjoyed your thread. Some amazing photos! Will miss seeing your fantastic photos and chat!

Denise

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@Mousy where did you park up..? We are going to Epernay on Sunday for 4 days, we were going to try the aire by the church that's on campercontact....

Thanks...

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
@Mousy where did you park up..? We are going to Epernay on Sunday for 4 days, we were going to try the aire by the church that's on campercontact....

Thanks...

In the day we parked by the bus station and swimming pool in town approx 1km from rue du Champagne. Then we moved and managed to park outside the champagne mansions but it was a bank holiday and very quiet. There is a big car park here...

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

The aire we stayed in at night was just through Dizy, up the hill turn left, left again and it was tucked in behind a school. I'm out at the moment so I'll find the co ords for you later. Unless you can identify the Aires from my feeble directions!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back