2nd gear problem 3.0l Fiat (1 Viewer)

scotchjock

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Lunan Bay
Funster No
MH
C class
We travelled 450 miles to collect our new Dethleffs A class, with 3.0l fiat engine and manual gearbox. Just before we arrived, the dealer phoned to say that there was a problem with second gear jumping out. The first thing he said was you can drive it home and get the local Fiat dealer to repair it. Guess what I told him?
I have since read about the reverse gear problems. What's the latest on the 3.0l, and has anybody had second gear problems?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
May be water in the gearbox - this was predominantly a problem with the previous model, as the scuttle dumped its' water onto the box housing, which seeped in caused crunching gears and flickering speedo.

I have heard of water in newer gearboxes - though not as common as the usual juddergate.

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
You would be wise to reject the motorhome at this stage, Fiat appear reluctant to repair the 3 litre under warranty ? I have a 2.3 litre, I experience problems from day 1. Loads of promises, some attempts at repairs. 2 years later and 4000 miles and many breakdowns we have no confidence in using the van, it now decorates our drive.:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
have you seen this Link Removed

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
I have a 3lt and the clutch went while under warranty and less than 10000 on the clock.
Fiat custumer care have no power to authorise repairs and fiat are a waste of time.I ended up having to pay over £700 on a motor less than 2 years old.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back