2022 Swift kon tiki storage and impressions (1 Viewer)

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Hi.
We are considering doing a deal for a new Swift kon tiki 794 ( island bed) which wouldnt be available until March next year.
My concern is that although the van has over a tonne in payload, the only place you can effectively store anything is in the garage, which is a fair size, and consequently all over the back axle.
Although there are 2 fair size benches at the front there is very little if any storage under them, due to fold down Aguti travel seats. Which according to the sales guy you cant remove, well you could, but you cant reinstall as they are crash tested and torqued and fitted accordingly.

My question is, is there anyone on here whos got either the new 794 or 784 and what is your view now that youve got the van and been using it, with regard to storage etc?
As there are none about , its very difficult to determine whether we could work round it or live with it.
Many thanks.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
While not the same van, the same style and location for the fixed seats were an option on the new vehicle my sister ended up with. Noisy, rattling pains in the butt and zero storage. My sister hates them. If you don’t need them or are not going to use them, then what a waste and these vans ain’t cheap.

Are you sure they don’t do an option without them.

Think I’d look for something else that meets my needs and storage and not compromise at such a price.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
My concern is that although the van has over a tonne in payload, the only place you can effectively store anything is in the garage, which is a fair size, and consequently all over the back axle.
You may be considering this, hence your question, but if a sizeable proportion of the payload is in the garage this may exceed rear axle maximum loading.

You also need to think about if there is a maximum loading for the garage resulting from any chassis extension (Alko?). Our AT does.
This also has to include the weight of any towbar (and trailer noseweight), bike rack, etc attached to the rear of the vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Been caravanning for years but now ordered my first motorhome
We have bought a Kon Tiki 784 went to see it two weeks ago and want to do exactly the same as you and remove these seats but don't know what's involved in removing them so we can have extra storage anyone any ideas how to remove them

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Which according to the sales guy you cant remove, well you could, but you cant reinstall as they are crash tested and torqued and fitted accordingly.
There are many people & some on here, who have just unbolted them & removed them for additional space.Hopefully one might see the thread & comment.
anyone any ideas how to remove them
they should just unbolt.

Apr 2, 2018
Funster No
Hi Guys
Hope you all well .. we have a 794 ..and find the garage has ample storage .. we have paddle boards and awning in there .. any other bits we use the shower area while we travel .. obviously use it for soft equipment as not to scratch anything .
it’s a lovely van ..very very pleased with it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Been caravanning for years but now ordered my first motorhome
I sent an email to Brownhills about removing mine they tell me its no problem seats are held in with four bolts each so I think I will be removing mine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back