2020 Escape 674 front dinette bed layout (1 Viewer)

Matt Alber

Free Member
Oct 15, 2019
The Wirral
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
Does anyone have pictures or video of the 2020 Escape 674 front dinette bed layout make-up before the cushions are laid out?

The issue we have is the telescopic table rests onto the seat bases but the table leaf extension has no support whatsoever apart from the arms which attach it to the table top. My wife is 8 stone and it moves downwards when she kneels on it with and without a cushion this was demonstrated to the dealer in their workshop.

There are videos of 2019 and earlier models with the removable table leg but I can't find anything for the 2020 model with the fixed telescopic leg; the manual only demonstrates how to configure the cushions and not the supporting structure.

The dealer is saying Swift have replied to their enquiry that the table extension supported by fresh air is the correct design/configuration which seems to be a very poor design.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hopefully someone will be along soon to help (y)

OP
OP
M

Matt Alber

Free Member
Oct 15, 2019
The Wirral
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
Looking at the layouts on the Swift Group website my question above would also apply to the 604, 614, 675, 684 and 694.

This is for 2020 and 2021 models with the fixed table with the telescopic leg.

If anyone has made up the front dinette bed was the table leaf used to form the base and excluding where the leaf attaches to the table did the leaf have any other support underneath?

As ours does not and if knelt on which you would unavoidably do to lay the cushions and make the bed up with bedding.

The service mechanics at the dealers are in agreement that it requires additional support but as soon as they were furloughed again last week I received a voicemail from management informing me that Swift had said what I described above is the design.

If any one has a photo or two they could post I would greatly appreciate it whilst I wait for lockdown to end and go and have look at a show model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
Hi Ive attached two images of when we attempted to make the dinette bed up, and I tested it by laying on it and it all appeared fine, sory cant help anymore than this because we no longer have this Motorhome which was an Escape 694 2020 MY.
38 Front Bed layout base.jpg
39 Front Bed Layout cushions.jpg

OP
OP
M

Matt Alber

Free Member
Oct 15, 2019
The Wirral
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
Hi and thanks for posting the photo up twice for me, here and another site.

Our issue started with the issue that the telescopic leg was positioned an inch out which meant the table top wouldn't locate on to the runner supports either side. Dealer removed the metal work off the table top to make it fit (it took them two attempts to achieve this) which clouded our view of the table leaf being supported by fresh air as the correct configuration.

I was sorry to read that your van had to be returned it must of been so disheartening for you both as the the issues we have with our van and the cut corner/botch type fixes proposed by the dealer on a new van still under warranty just boils our p... and has certainly taken the gloss off owning our first van.

Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi and thanks for posting the photo up twice for me, here and another site.

Our issue started with the issue that the telescopic leg was positioned an inch out which meant the table top wouldn't locate on to the runner supports either side. Dealer removed the metal work off the table top to make it fit (it took them two attempts to achieve this) which clouded our view of the table leaf being supported by fresh air as the correct configuration.

I was sorry to read that your van had to be returned it must of been so disheartening for you both as the the issues we have with our van and the cut corner/botch type fixes proposed by the dealer on a new van still under warranty just boils our p... and has certainly taken the gloss off owning our first van.
Hi Matt I'm curious where you ended up with this, did your dealer satisfactorily fix the problem in the end and does your table now sit flush and on the runners when retracted? I've just bought a used MH and fear I have the same problem....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back