2019 auto trail tribute 680 gt (1 Viewer)

dazkim

Free Member
Nov 16, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail tribute 680GT
we collect a new auto trail tribute 680 GT next week with the 130 bhp manual gearbox. Anyone on here who has experience with this motorhome and can give me any pointers to look out for on collection

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Not had a Tribute but we had a Tracker FB.

Check everything - I know its easier said than done.

But check the workings of everything: doors, cupboards. Open and close everything.

Check everything is installed ok. - We were missing a couple of end caps to the windows (hidden behind the curtains) they never got fitted.

Make sure they show you how to work everything. Heating, water systems, toilet etc.

Check all the manuals and paperwork is available.

Take a damp meter and use it - new vans do have leaks.

Else enjoy your new van. Use it as much as you can and have great travels with it. :D

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
bump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

dazkim

Free Member
Nov 16, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail tribute 680GT
Good evening guys thanks for the input.
I will before paying the final balance check all you mentioned.
I work in a Caravan dealership so will take my time as I know collecting a new van can be an exciting time but I thought I would ask if anyone had any direct experience with this particular model.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
we collect a new auto trail tribute 680 GT next week with the 130 bhp manual gearbox. Anyone on here who has experience with this motorhome and can give me any pointers to look out for on collection
Never had a panel van but have had two new coach built Autotrails. Couple of issues in three years with first but nothing to write home about. Our current one had a lot more snagging to deal with. So, as already said, check everything because your dealer won’t and Autotrail try to hide quality issues. I needed quite a few things repaired/replaced but we still love the Moho.

Fixes confirmed on my snagging list. 2018 Apache 634.

1. All pivot points on the habitation door electric step have been lubricated with speed of step extending adjusted. KEPT STICKING, POINTED OUT AT HANDOVER.

2. Dampers have been fitted to the toilet fan to reduce the noise. THOUGH FAN WAS GOING TO EXPLODE

3. The binding on the toilet cassette door/frame has been adjusted. DOOR KEPT STICKING

4. The carpet at the nearside front has been adjusted and now fits properly. NOT FITTED, JUST LEFT STICKING UP

5. The oily film found on the offside decal by the drivers door has been attended to. POOR FINISH ON BODYWORK

6. Both the R/H and L/H lower wardrobe doors have been replaced. DAMAGED DOOR AND ONE HAD BEEN “FIXED” WITH WOOD FILLER

7. The washroom door hanger that had come off has been attended to. HANGER FELL OF THE FIRST TIME A TOWEL WAS HUNG UP

8.The fridge door panel has been replaced. LOOKED LIKE SOMEONE USED THE DOOR AS A SLEDGE, IT WAS FOOKED.

9. The wiring loom for the indicator issue has been fitted. Sargent advise that the software update is still in development at this time. REAR INDICATORS WOULD COME ON RANDOMLY.

10. The Truma Technical representative inspected the water heater and advised replacing the element and thermostat is in progress as the parts have just arrived on-site with the Technician fitting and testing this afternoon. WOULD ONLY WORK AFTER RESETTING A FEW TIMES

11. The TV tested for the duration the vehicle has been on-site with no issues found. RANDOM PROBLEM WITH STANDBY, WOULDN'T SWITCH OFF. NO ISSUES SINCE

12. A self-adhesive rainguard has been supplied free-of-charge and has been left inside the vehicle incase you wish to make use of this. POSITIONING OF CABLES TO THE SATELLITE DISH AND SOLAR PANEL CREATED A BATH SHAPE WHERE WATER WOULD GATHER. PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WAS AT A POINT JUST ABOVE HAB DOOR, FOOKIN STUPID DESIGN REULTED IN WATERFALLS COMING DOWN FROM THE ROOF RIGHT ABOVE THE HAB DOOR. I FIXED IT BY STICKING THE RAINGUARD ON THE ROOF TO DIRECT THE WATER AWAY FROM THE HAB DOOR.

13. Your previous email stated that your vehicle had to be delivered to AM Philips on 13th June with no time given. We have spoken to Casey around 4pm this afternoon who advised us to bring the vehicle to them and your vehicle is currently enroute to them. ISSUE WITH HUNTING GEARS, STILL NOT RESOLVED, TOLD TO PUT SOME MILES ON THE ENGINE TO SEE IF ISSUE GOES AWAY. ONLY DONE 3500 MILES, STILL HUNTS AT 50 AND 60 MPH, NO BIG PROBLEM, JUST CHANGE SPEED A LITTLE AND IT GOES AWAY.

14. Habitation door hinge cover is in transit. MIDDLE HINGE COVER MISSING FROM NEW.

15. Front roof light has been fitted incorrectly that is why you can see staples on the roof. Cover strip fitted to hide staples as requested. WTF, STEVIE WONDER COULD HAVE SPOTTED THAT.

Because I reported some of the issues when I got home, the dealer suggested that I might have caused them but will fix them as a good will gesture. A-holes.

None of the above has spoiled our enjoyment of the van but the attitude of the dealer was quite shocking to be honest.

Good luck (y)

OP
OP
D

dazkim

Free Member
Nov 16, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail tribute 680GT
Never had a panel van but have had two new coach built Autotrails. Couple of issues in three years with first but nothing to write home about. Our current one had a lot more snagging to deal with. So, as already said, check everything because your dealer won’t and Autotrail try to hide quality issues. I needed quite a few things repaired/replaced but we still love the Moho.

Fixes confirmed on my snagging list. 2018 Apache 634.

1. All pivot points on the habitation door electric step have been lubricated with speed of step extending adjusted. KEPT STICKING, POINTED OUT AT HANDOVER.

2. Dampers have been fitted to the toilet fan to reduce the noise. THOUGH FAN WAS GOING TO EXPLODE

3. The binding on the toilet cassette door/frame has been adjusted. DOOR KEPT STICKING

4. The carpet at the nearside front has been adjusted and now fits properly. NOT FITTED, JUST LEFT STICKING UP

5. The oily film found on the offside decal by the drivers door has been attended to. POOR FINISH ON BODYWORK

6. Both the R/H and L/H lower wardrobe doors have been replaced. DAMAGED DOOR AND ONE HAD BEEN “FIXED” WITH WOOD FILLER

7. The washroom door hanger that had come off has been attended to. HANGER FELL OF THE FIRST TIME A TOWEL WAS HUNG UP

8.The fridge door panel has been replaced. LOOKED LIKE SOMEONE USED THE DOOR AS A SLEDGE, IT WAS FOOKED.

9. The wiring loom for the indicator issue has been fitted. Sargent advise that the software update is still in development at this time. REAR INDICATORS WOULD COME ON RANDOMLY.

10. The Truma Technical representative inspected the water heater and advised replacing the element and thermostat is in progress as the parts have just arrived on-site with the Technician fitting and testing this afternoon. WOULD ONLY WORK AFTER RESETTING A FEW TIMES

11. The TV tested for the duration the vehicle has been on-site with no issues found. RANDOM PROBLEM WITH STANDBY, WOULDN'T SWITCH OFF. NO ISSUES SINCE

12. A self-adhesive rainguard has been supplied free-of-charge and has been left inside the vehicle incase you wish to make use of this. POSITIONING OF CABLES TO THE SATELLITE DISH AND SOLAR PANEL CREATED A BATH SHAPE WHERE WATER WOULD GATHER. PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WAS AT A POINT JUST ABOVE HAB DOOR, FOOKIN STUPID DESIGN REULTED IN WATERFALLS COMING DOWN FROM THE ROOF RIGHT ABOVE THE HAB DOOR. I FIXED IT BY STICKING THE RAINGUARD ON THE ROOF TO DIRECT THE WATER AWAY FROM THE HAB DOOR.

13. Your previous email stated that your vehicle had to be delivered to AM Philips on 13th June with no time given. We have spoken to Casey around 4pm this afternoon who advised us to bring the vehicle to them and your vehicle is currently enroute to them. ISSUE WITH HUNTING GEARS, STILL NOT RESOLVED, TOLD TO PUT SOME MILES ON THE ENGINE TO SEE IF ISSUE GOES AWAY. ONLY DONE 3500 MILES, STILL HUNTS AT 50 AND 60 MPH, NO BIG PROBLEM, JUST CHANGE SPEED A LITTLE AND IT GOES AWAY.

14. Habitation door hinge cover is in transit. MIDDLE HINGE COVER MISSING FROM NEW.

15. Front roof light has been fitted incorrectly that is why you can see staples on the roof. Cover strip fitted to hide staples as requested. WTF, STEVIE WONDER COULD HAVE SPOTTED THAT.

Because I reported some of the issues when I got home, the dealer suggested that I might have caused them but will fix them as a good will gesture. A-holes.

None of the above has spoiled our enjoyment of the van but the attitude of the dealer was quite shocking to be honest.

Good luck (y)
My god you have patience of a saint. If I find anything like the amount of snags you had the van will be staying where it is.
The dealership I’m using know what I do for a living and will not pay the balance until I’m happy.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Hats off to you Steve for such an informative post. I've quoted this bit of your post as the exact same thing happened to us.

We were newbies to motorhoming when we bought our Autotrail starter van in late 2016.

During the handover Nicky and I spent so much time in taking notes of how to switch on the gas and control panel that we took our eye off the ball when it came to checking the physical condition of the van.

As it turned out our Autotrail had not been PDI'd so it was left to me to list the 42 different faults (discovered over the first few weeks of ownership); everything from electrical connection issues, to wrips and scratches with the interior, to leaks in the pipework, to completely ill fitting cabinet work, to loose microwaves and blinds, to dings in the bodywork and finally a hole in the overhead pod, plus a few dings in the metal cab panels too.

I went back to my dealer two days later to tell them that I had discovered a number of dings in the bonnet, the doors and the roof pod and was told by the dealer "that's what comes when you put your van in storage".

Cheeky b@$t@rd!! We had only had the van for 2-days and it was parked on our very private driveway for the whole time while I washed and polished it.

It was a combo of the dealer's attitude and the incredibly poor quality of the product that has put me off the brand for good.

That said, I was with an AT dealer the other week and the sales guy let slip that he really wished Autotrail would employ some people who could fit-out the van internals properly as they have nothing but problems with people having to bring their vans back for constant fixes.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
My god you have patience of a saint. If I find anything like the amount of snags you had the van will be staying where it is.
The dealership I’m using know what I do for a living and will not pay the balance until I’m happy.
I would have too but most only came to light when I got home. (y)

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Dazkim, Just wondering how you are getting on with your Auto-Trail over these last few months that you have had it? Thanks

OP
OP
D

dazkim

Free Member
Nov 16, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail tribute 680GT
Hi buntyb
The tribute 680 has gone down well with only minor issues which have or are being sorted out by my dealership.
The plus points are easy to drive and navigate around narrow lanes ( we just done 8 nights in south Devon and there were many narrow lanes.)
Great on fuel we now have 2500 on the clock so still not fully loosened up.
It does everything we need it to do even though we mostly when away for any length of time leave the bed made up as a double to save the hassle.
There is a pinch point where it is very narrow where the bathroom and the cooker are opposite each other which does do our head in a bit but there is always going to be something on any van.
We have the solar panel and awning fitted to ours which is a must in our eyes and also a tv aerial which we had fitted.
Any more questionslease ask.

Cheers Dazkim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back