2018 Fiat Ducatto extended wing mirror arm not staying (1 Viewer)

Geomore

Free Member
Feb 14, 2021
Not far from the Henge
Funster No
MH
Adria Sun-Living S70
Exp
since 2021
1st question about our new van! The offside mirror arm (extended arm as it's a coachbuilt) has lost it's detent (I guess probabl due to being hit previously). I can push it forwards to where I think it should be, but it tends to return so the mirror can't be adjusted out enough, and is hidden behind the window split. Before I completely disassemble the entire door, are there any tips tricks to fix, or is this ultimately going to be some expensive fiat parts? Clearly someone's had a fiddle because the up/down/left/right adjust is reversed.

Thanks as always.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
If it's been fiddled with then it's certainly because it's had a whack an the glass at least was replaced (maybe even housing). I seem to remember there's been a thread on here about this (will see if i can find it). Most of the parts are available as non OEM, you can even buy a complete non OEM unit as well as finding them in scrap yards, the inner parts should be easy to source, it's the long arm covers that are a bigger to track down.....

Upvote 0
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I think it is because the mirro has beenreplaced and it is a non genuine mirror.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Geomore

Geomore

Free Member
Feb 14, 2021
Not far from the Henge
Funster No
MH
Adria Sun-Living S70
Exp
since 2021
Had a look and it appears the arm is actually ok, just the mirror glass won't adjust out enough. Removed the glass and checked everything, the actuator and glass are all original date stamp. Clicked it back on, and now it adjusts out a bit further, just about enough at the limit. When i get time i might shim the actuator mount to get extra range.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back