2017 Peugeot Boxer engine warning lamp on (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Hi
Just been away for a couple of days in our new van and had the engine warning lamp come on saying check engine. We managed to get it into a Peugeot dealer where we were staying in Herefordshire and the kindly put the diagnostic gizmo on and found three faults all related to the Adblue system. The codes are P2047, P208e and P20ee. The fitter managed to clear them but soon after we left, they came back on again. Following there advice as there was no loss of power, we managed to get it back to storage without any problems.
I can't see how we can get these issues in a new van with only 1400 miles done! Oh well back to the dealer. Luckily it is still under warranty.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
The P2047 fault is telling you that there is some type of problem with the ad-blu injector circuit, or with the injector itself, that delivers your ad-blue to your exhaust emissions gasses.

If the system is wonky then it is likely to imbalance the exhaust gas emissions which could potentially lead to your van failing the emissions standards for your particular engine spec.

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Hi Blue Knight
I wondered if it is a loose connection or something as it is a brand new van!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I think (but don't quote me) the P208e fault code means that the reductant injector is fully closed which could mean (along with P2047) that there is a fault with your ad-blu injector circuit.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Blue Knight
I wondered if it is a loose connection or something as it is a brand new van!

Hi Karen and Bob,

I think the technician needs to go straight to the point where the injector enters the exhaust and then trace the wiring back from there.

This problem could be fairly easy to resolve, I.e. damaged or dislodged wire.

Other periphral issues can cause dodgy readings such as a faulty EGT sensor but I doubt that an EGT sensor would be faulty on a new van.

This is either a wiring problem or an injector issue. The first being the likely choice IMO.

Cheers,

Andrew

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Thanks for the advice. I am phoning our supplier tomorrow to get it booked in for repair. We are off to France in June and want it fixed before then.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I know it sounds basic but have you checked the level of the Ad-Blue? It's not unknown for the tank only to be filled with a minimum amount when leaving the factory and this would put up a warning. I know the codes have pointed to some possibilities but I'm not a big fan of modern electronics and believe in checking the simple things first. Wouldn't be the first time the computer has been fooled!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
All these problems i am reading about with the new type Peugeot engine... :eek:

Fast going off of mine, and it`s just over a year old... :(

For sale....... Peugeot Majestic 155, just over 2k miles on it...

Offers..

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks for the advice. I am phoning our supplier tomorrow to get it booked in for repair. We are off to France in June and want it fixed before then.

Guys, I've been looking briefly at the P20ee fault code and this is likely to be connected to a malfunction or misreading from the NOx sensor.

By my reckoning if the NOx input value is zero due to a faulty NOx sensor then no Ad-Blu will be injected into the SCR Catalyst (they are proportionally connected to help offset emission readings in the SCR Cat). If this is the case then at the time of the diagnostics being applied then we could potentially see the fault codes of P2047 and P208e being raised as these would reflect a wonky NOx signal/reading.

Either way I think we have boiled the problem down to a few basic options.

Fingers crossed,

Andrew

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Offers..

I'm just wondering what they will do for the Euro-7 spec Mo; should be interesting:D

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I know it sounds basic but have you checked the level of the Ad-Blue? It's not unknown for the tank only to be filled with a minimum amount when leaving the factory and this would put up a warning. I know the codes have pointed to some possibilities but I'm not a big fan of modern electronics and believe in checking the simple things first. Wouldn't be the first time the computer has been fooled!

I would too Terry but I'm hoping that the tech guy who did the initial diagnostics would have at least checked. You never know these days though!

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Hi All
I first thought that they had only put a minimum amount of Adblue so I got some more but the tank is full as it would only allow a tiny bit in before it flowed back out. From what you are saying it is pointing to the NOx sensor.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi All
I first thought that they had only put a minimum amount of Adblue so I got some more but the tank is full as it would only allow a tiny bit in before it flowed back out. From what you are saying it is pointing to the NOx sensor.

There's a few little issues that could cause the fault codes but what we've covered above should get you back on the road in quick time and certainly without that annoying light.

I've also just been reading the topics regarding freezing ad-blu; ad-blu service life within the -6 to +25 ambient temperature band and how sometimes the ad-blu tank sensor needs re-calibrating on certain engines if the tank was over filled.

I reckon that I will try and stay away from ad-blu engines for as long as I can:D

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Hi Blue Knight
We have the van booked in to go to a local Peugeot dealer next Saturday so hopefully they will sort it out.
My car has the AdBlue system and I have never had an issue which is why I thought they may have only out the minimum amount in from the dealer but I am told that Peugeot fill the tank from new. At least it is under warranty.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Offers..

This is not one of his jokes, ;) this must be the longest I've known him to have a motorhome. :LOL: Bob.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Blue Knight
We have the van booked in to go to a local Peugeot dealer next Saturday so hopefully they will sort it out.
My car has the AdBlue system and I have never had an issue which is why I thought they may have only out the minimum amount in from the dealer but I am told that Peugeot fill the tank from new. At least it is under warranty.

Good luck guys - I hope all goes well for you (and quickly too)(y)

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
Well it turns out that we have had something chew some wires which was giving us the warning lamp. They have found some white fur under the bonnet which could be a squirrel or something. As it is not a Peugeot problem, we will have to pay:(
At least it is sorted hopefully.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Very sorry that you've had the worry of a problem with a new vehicle and I guess most of us would lose a little confidence in such circumstances. I suppose in a perverse sort of way the outcome restores confidence in the vehicle as it isn't a manufacturers failure.

It also highlights the fact that fault codes indicating component failure are often wiring problems.

I trust yours is soon sorted and not too expensive .

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Well it turns out that we have had something chew some wires which was giving us the warning lamp. They have found some white fur under the bonnet which could be a squirrel or something. As it is not a Peugeot problem, we will have to pay:(

I'm pleased it's all sorted for you guys.(y)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Had similar here a couple of weeks back. I was getting Turbo pressure sensor issues as the resident Martens had chewed through all my vacuum hoses around the sensors. Manage to sort it and all is good but spent some of today fitting some "anti-marten" devices and sprays.....

Driving 1500km with no turbo was no fun at Easter....

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We met a lovely couple at the weekend, sittting in the coffee area of a Newark dealer, whereby their new Peugot-based MY18 van had broken down just 4-miles after collecting it from the dealer.

I overheard the dealer saying that it was an ad-blu fault and they would need to take it to a Peugot dealer asap for rectification.

To say they were a bit miffed is an understatement.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We met a lovely couple at the weekend, sittting in the coffee area of a Newark dealer, whereby their new Peugot-based MY18 van had broken down just 4-miles after collecting it from the dealer.

I overheard the dealer saying that it was an ad-blu fault and they would need to take it to a Peugot dealer asap for rectification.

To say they were a bit miffed is an understatement.
Perhaps the chewing is happening in storage before being sold!!

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I’ve a 2016 Peugeot based van and have had the instrument cluster replaced due to various warning lights ghosting , particularly when using cruise control. It seems that Peugeot know there’s a problem and replacing the unit solves it to your out of warranty ; then it’s over £1000 bill. Alternatively there are companies who will repair the existing one for less than £300 with a lifetime guarantee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back