Hampshire Hymer Man

Free Member
Apr 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Exp
Caravan 30 years, Motor Home 1 year.
Hi Everyone, we have a 2016 Hymer exsis t 588 that we love but are unhappy with the room to move about, usually one sits, one walks around at a time and we aren't big people!
At the end of a days driving there is nowhere to lounge with a cup or glass except get the chairs out, not always suitable!
We have seen and put a deposit on yesterday, a beautiful 2017 Burstner Ixeo 680g, perfect layout, low mileage, bodywork and leather upholstery immaculate, but we notice cupboards, shelves etc. nowhere near as sturdy. been given a 3 year warranty by dealers who win awards but are not Main Burstner dealers. Husband checked undeneath and all solid and unmarked. Also took for a considerable test drive and engine and brakes very good.
Hoping we have done the right thing!!

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We have a 2016 version of that same van. Would agree that inner shelves are a bit on the flimsy side but the actual cupboard construction seems ok - and nothing has broken yet with a year of fulltiming use. :Smile:

OP
OP
Hampshire Hymer Man

Hampshire Hymer Man

Free Member
Apr 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Exp
Caravan 30 years, Motor Home 1 year.
Hi Maz,

Thanks for your reply. That goes a long way to putting our minds at rest!(y). Smiling properly now for the first time today. :giggle::giggle:

Agree fully with your rule of thumb (Hampshire Hymer Man is walking our dogs at the moment!)

Hampshire Hymer Man's wife (soon to be Burstner)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: maz

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think all the newer vans feel flimsy due to the lighter boards and fittings they are using to keep weight and costs down..

However having gone from a 2012 Autotrail to a 2014 Burstner Elegance I feel like I moved back into my old solid van of 2005, where vans were built of sturdier stuff. Like their owners. LOL (y)

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
We have a 2017 Ixeo IT 680g with the drop down bed. The van has been fantastic, the only thing to keep an eye on is the the motors for the drop down head board. One failed and sorted under warranty and all good since. Any questions then just PM me.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
We intially looked at the 'Exsis' as from the Specs it appeared to meet all our requirments, .but once we stepped inside I realised that with two people and a dog on-board it was going to feel a bit too cosy. We bought a Burstner 'Nexxo' instead and although the perceived quality of the cabinetry etc., is not as good as the Hymer, it is fit for purpose. The Hymer is also more expensive!

Our van is a 2016 model and has now done 13kms without once having to go back to the dealer.for any rectification work.

I'm sure you will be happy with your Burstner.

Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back