2016 Nexxo t740 Sovereign, TV bracket advice wanted (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
When the seats are turned round and the television pulled down, the screen cannot be seen from the drivers seat, only from the passenger seat, if any one else wants to watch it they have to more or less lie on the dinette seat which is not very practical.
Does anyone know if anyone make a bracket that would fit the Burstner one and allow the tv to be swung out so that it faces the front seats?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume it's normally 'hidden' behind the upper locker on the side wall above the seat (next to the hab door)? What is the bracket like?

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
It just pulls down out of the locker parallel to the side wall, it will swing out about 10 degrees but then the tv touches the side wall, but it still not can be seen from the sidewall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I forgot to mention that the television is an Avtex L188DRS

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Yes we changed it in April for a Swift Bolero 724FB which ticks all the boxes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wonder if it is possible to fit a different 'end' to the drop down bracket, perhaps adapting a twin arm TV bracket and fitting it to the pull down framework, assuming there's sufficient clearance when it is pushed back up into the 'locker' above?

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I wonder if it is possible to fit a different 'end' to the drop down bracket, perhaps adapting a twin arm TV bracket and fitting it to the pull down framework, assuming there's sufficient clearance when it is pushed back up into the 'locker' above?

No because there is only just enough room for the TV to go up.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No because there is only just enough room for the TV to go up.
Oh well, just an idea, it looks like the only solution is to forget about it going up into the cupboard altogether and instead put a twin arm mount on the wall and put the TV on that so you can swing it out when you need to, obviously it wouldn't be hidden although you could make a cover for it, but that's the compromise if you want to watch TV comfortably from the cab seats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back