2015-Elddis with pop up travel seats. (1 Viewer)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
As mentioned in another thread, I have got a 2015 Elddis Encore 255 with the "pop up" travel seats. Upon having a chat with other members it was said that sometimes the travel seats do not match the travel seats on the V5 and could prove awkward with the insurance in the event of an accident. So to rectify this I copied the Certificate of Conformity from Elddis, highlighted the travel seats (4) and amended the V5 where you can change the seating capacity details, added a brief covering letter and sent off to the DVLA and did copies of everything sent. Yesterday I received my log book (V5) with the seating capacity changed from 2 to 4 seats. I hope this information is of some use to the relevant Elddis owners with the "pop up" seats.

Ady

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
First time I saw those seats, thinking of buying one, they would have been ripped out as soon as I took delivery, on weight grounds.

You are right HD, they weigh quite a bit, I only need 3 seats so I have took one out, not a big job, 20 mins with the right tools, I can now bring more "Grimbergen" back from Belgium when I go over there(y)(y)

Ady

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Your Mot man if not informed of seating capacity
will see 4 on the system and may alter it back to two if they are not obvious

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Your Mot man if not informed of seating capacity
will see 4 on the system and may alter it back to two if they are not obvious
Can he do that?? Change the V5 details??

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Any errors an mot man see's are corrected on the MOT test system
ie wrong colour wrong seating incorrect vin body type etc
its up to DVLA then to follow up, it happend a lot in the early computer switch over days
but still happens
The tester can if no match is found make a complete new record for a vehicle
DVLA would then investigate why there is no system match, Ringers for example, Cut and shuts etc

Deleted User
You are right HD, they weigh quite a bit, I only need 3 seats so I have took one out, not a big job, 20 mins with the right tools, I can now bring more "Grimbergen" back from Belgium when I go over there(y)(y)

Ady
Hi, we are considering taking out the two folding travelling seats from our 2016 Encore 254 for our trip to Europe next year. Any advice would be welcome?

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Hi, we are considering taking out the two folding travelling seats from our 2016 Encore 254 for our trip to Europe next year. Any advice would be welcome?
They’re pretty easy to take out if you like lying underneath with a spanner to undo the bolts as the brackets are secured round the chassis (from memory, I sold the Elddis 3 yrs ago) they’re quite heavy (good for increasing payload👍) but store them somewhere dry and put them in a bag if poss👍

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I've just spotted this thread. We have just acquired a Bailey Adamo and it has 2 pop up seats. We don't need them and have thought about removing at least one of them. We're pretty much just inside our payload limit but any extra would be a bonus. Is this allowed ? Just thought I'd ask before doing anything drastic.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I've just spotted this thread. We have just acquired a Bailey Adamo and it has 2 pop up seats. We don't need them and have thought about removing at least one of them. We're pretty much just inside our payload limit but any extra would be a bonus. Is this allowed ? Just thought I'd ask before doing anything drastic.
If you don’t need em, take em out, but just make sure you seal any holes up👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back