LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Hi, can anyone tell me if the 2015-on Encore is grade 3 insulated, I have looked at the bumf I got with it, it is Pre owned so bits of stuff might be missing in the info. The salesman said it was, but I can't find it in writing anywhere. I would go back to the place I got it from but they aren't Elddis dealers so probably unfamiliar with the spec. Thanks.

Ady

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Yes, i have the paperwork for mine.

Alan
Thanks Alan, I see your only 10 mins down the road from me, is there any good local sites I can go for a sat nite to get accustomed to the MH round here?

Ady

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It’s not just the insulation it’s where all the pipes run as well. Our MH has double floors and the Alde heating goes round the water tanks and water pipes follow the heating pipes. The Alde system heats all the MH behind all the lockers. Grade 3 insulation does not really mean you can go to the Artic and be warm. You will notice during the winter that your feet get cold while driving. Unless you can sort the heating to be on while driving there is not much you can do. Cold air from the back comes along the floor and is then warmed up creating amazing drafts. The cab will be the coldest place as it is all steel. Decent thermal blinds will help.

If you want to go to cold climates have a look what the Scandinavians drive round in.

Last edited:

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Ady

Maybe a run out to Jasmin camping Sutton on sea (Jim’s Place). The Warner’s shows are a good way of meeting other people and learning about the workings.

If you need any help there is always a funsters about to help.

As for what QFour says above you can run the Alde when driving, I’ve been out in mine in winter and it’s well toastie. You want be cold I can promise that.

If you need any help or advise, give me a shout.

A

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Ady

Maybe a run out to Jasmin camping Sutton on sea (Jim’s Place). The Warner’s shows are a good way of meeting other people and learning about the workings.

If you need any help there is always a funsters about to help.

As for what QFour says above you can run the Alde when driving, I’ve been out in mine in winter and it’s well toastie. You want be cold I can promise that.

If you need any help or advise, give me a shout.

A

Thanks, we are booked into the Warners Norfolk rally and also going to book the Shepton Rally(as I am down there having the Growler fitted @vanbitz). I'll give the Camping Jasmin a look, and I will bear you in mind for advice as I am only in Bawtry and not too far away(y)

Ady

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Sounds like your getting sorted.

Probably at Norfolk myself this year so will say hello.

:drinks:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back