2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please.. (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
glad to hear something great here..........Broken Link Removed

Oh dear, it sounds as though someone is not enjoying Maroc.:Sad:
We're now back in Marrakech at Camping le Relais

It's around 6.30 pm and about 35 degrees

Hey, ho, it's a tough life . . . . . NOT! :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m amazed so many use the campsites .
we always wilded in the desert .gives a real feel of adventure .
often got to agdz from foum zguid head north turn right just before tazenakt . by the restaurant at the junction fill with water at the tap there . ideal route to zagora or on to tafilalt region . erfoud is a must. if there call in nadines garage on the way to the desert . tell him alibaba with the white truck says hello .or salla malicum.
have fun . lots to be had there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We're now back in Marrakech at Camping le Relais

It's around 6.30 pm and about 35 degrees

Hey, ho, it's a tough life . . . . . NOT! :Cool:

Could be worse, you could be here and being made to clean windows and do gardening... Roll on Morocco 2015 :thumb:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Winter in Morocco

What about December 2014 .... :thumb:::bigsmile::

only 8 months to wait :Cool:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hey ho.
We set off this morning to head for Casablanca, but first we needed to get more cash from an atm and also needed to top-up our moroc telecom sim.
It 's Sunday morning and every man and his dog are out heading for the many local flee markets . . . . and guess who got tangled up in the melee, took a wrong turn and ended up in a rabbit warren of back streets that got narrower and narrower and ended up with a smal archway infont of us that was too narrow for the van to get through so we had to take to the opposite side of the road going against the flow of traffic and getting at least half a dozen other vehicules to back-up before we could get through. . . . . and then made another wrong turn and ended up in deadend and had to reverse about 100m all the time being buzzed by push bikes an mopeds.
We eventually found our way back to Koutoubia and the guardian parking and sorted the atm and maroc telecom top-up card, had some lunch and decided to stay put and head north tomorrow.
It's been over 40 degrees here in Marrakech today, it's now gone 11pm and still around 27 degrees.
I've just checked the weather at home and it's been up to max of 13 degrees . . . I'm really not looking forward to going home:Angry:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hey ho.
We set off this morning to head for Casablanca, but first we needed to get more cash from an atm and also needed to top-up our moroc telecom sim.
It 's Sunday morning and every man and his dog are out heading for the many local flee markets . . . . and guess who got tangled up in the melee, took a wrong turn and ended up in a rabbit warren of back streets that got narrower and narrower and ended up with a smal archway infont of us that was too narrow for the van to get through so we had to take to the opposite side of the road going against the flow of traffic and getting at least half a dozen other vehicules to back-up before we could get through. . . . . and then made another wrong turn and ended up in deadend and had to reverse about 100m all the time being buzzed by push bikes an mopeds.
We eventually found our way back to Koutoubia and the guardian parking and sorted the atm and maroc telecom top-up card, had some lunch and decided to stay put and head north tomorrow.
It's been over 40 degrees here in Marrakech today, it's now gone 11pm and still around 27 degrees.
I've just checked the weather at home and it's been up to max of 13 degrees . . . I'm really not looking forward to going home:Angry:

:Doh: Been there done that..
NEVER !! Trust MRMOTORHOME and his sat nav :ROFLMAO:
We did have a nice 2 hour tour of Marrakech back streets...

Sounds to hot for me..

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010

Sounds to hot for me..

Yep, it is a tad on the warm side.
We are hoping that it will be a little cooler up nearer the coast tomorrow.

But like most Brits, it's either going to be too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy or whatever, it's never just right for us::bigsmile:

We will probably be back on European soil in a couple or three days and then take a slow trip up through Spain and then into France and home.

It's been an interesting trip so far, made even more interesting yesterday when heading from Agadir to Marrakech on the auto route and heading up hill we were confronted by an old Renault 4L rolling back down the hill towards us and just as we swerved to avoid it a big BMW decided to overtake us at the same time, almost a 3 vehicle wipe-out, hey, ho at least we survived to tell the tale. Let's see what the next few days have to offer.
ttfn

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

Us too. Our satnav probably tried to take us the same way as Andrews. A local on a motorbike kept trying to ride alongside shouting that we were going the wrong way and we would get stuck.
I thought " yeah right, you're just a tout trying to take us to one of the campsites" and then boom! Archway we couldn't get through :Eeek:
The chap was good enought to help us turn round amongst the mayhem and then we followed him to the Koutoubia mosque and to be fair he took us a route that avoided any narrow streets or awkward turnings. I dropped him a few dirhams and he was happy.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Touring Marrakech

Sounds to hot for me..

I thoughly enjoyed our group drive around Marrakech looking for a washing machine, the army and police were very excited and friendly waving to all of us. We drove directly to the Palace Gates, around the Palace walls (twice) and through three seperate arches with each becoming smaller and smaller. :Cool: Then we followed Tonka to a couple of markets.

We also all parked in the Kings 'official car park' opposite his own front door. :thumb: ok only for a short period..:ROFLMAO: Here we saw many officers dressed in traditional Moroccan costumes, some of them even waved - what a friendly nation. :thumb:

Now back to driving up and down the A3....:cry:

Attachments

• Kings Palace.jpg
    Kings Palace.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 6944517-Sunset_tour_of_the_city_walls_Marrakech_Marrakesh.jpg
    6944517-Sunset_tour_of_the_city_walls_Marrakech_Marrakesh.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 34

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
google map positioning

When we are in the cities in Morocco , and in other countries ,

We set up the mobile phone and tether the samsung tablet to it ,then Rosie has google maps on the tablet and i have the TomTom for the route ,

Rosie follows where we are on google maps and tells me if TomTom is wrong :cry: and tells me which route to take , ::bigsmile:

it has saved us a few times from dead ends etc :ROFLMAO:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
When we got lost in Marrakesh I paid a taxi driver 100 dh to lead me out !
Following him though the madhouse traffic was certainly an experiance we will never forget:Doh:
Oh happy morocco daze:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best dont use the toll roads we never do. unless one of us makes a mistake .
use the normal roads have an adventure.
best thing you can have is a dash mounted compass wouldnt go away with out one . or if its daylight use the sun as a guide .

Last edited:
OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Can anyone remember the toll costs from Mohammedia to Tangier Med?

You need approx 130dh to Asilah (31 + 20 + 75 from my notes..)
Asilah to port is 65dh.

The fuel attendant at the last services before the port was quiet helpful, once I have used every dirham to fill the tank he made sure we had enough for the last toll.. He offered to swop dirhams for euros and visa verse :thumb: Private money changing on the side.. :winky:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Agree with Tonka it's 65 dh
But you can pay by credit card! About the only place in Morocco you can use your credit card.
I had to do this last year as after filling up I was left with just 3dh! And had one of those "oh shit" moments when I remembered I needed money for the toll :Eeek:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Agree with Tonka it's 65 dh
But you can pay by credit card! About the only place in Morocco you can use your credit card.
I had to do this last year as after filling up I was left with just 3dh! And had one of those "oh shit" moments when I remembered I needed money for the toll :Eeek:

"You plonka, Rodney"..... ::bigsmile:
Easy done when your trying to get rid of those Dirhams...

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
been using credit cards all over morocco for years .garages bigger shops etc .
about 15yrs ago it was hard but recently its got alot easier.

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Arrived home and we'll

"You plonka, Rodney"..... ::bigsmile:
Easy done when your trying to get rid of those Dirhams...

Hello every body got home okay waiting to go back next year I have just had solar panels fitted in England very good also 2 panels 1 inverter 1 control panel inverter was2 kW everthing including 2 110amp batterys and a 25 year gaurantee for the panels and it's on your door step £780 will see some at Peterborough and southport marjohnp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 36

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes there were several places using CC but they don't always have the internet working, which we found on three occasions (as it I wasn't always reliable ) :Sad:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Hello every body got home okay waiting to go back next year I have just had solar panels fitted in England very good also 2 panels 1 inverter 1 control panel inverter was2 kW everthing including 2 110amp batterys and a 25 year gaurantee for the panels and it's on your door step £780 will see some at Peterborough and southport marjohnp

Who fitted your Solar panels and what size?
It must be so useful to have these fitted for Morocco. Hoping to join you all on next years trip, just need to allot some time to read this amazing posting.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Tonka. Having just done our very first outing at Chester (newbies) & talking to some of the members there, we have decided to give Morroco the thumbs up. We will be following the thread to see the intinery planned. But count us in.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Tonka. Having just done our very first outing at Chester (newbies) & talking to some of the members there, we have decided to give Morroco the thumbs up. We will be following the thread to see the intinery planned. But count us in.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

You are aware that the 2014 trip has already been done and gone.. ::bigsmile:
Read back on this thread, lots of info..

As for 2015, who knows... Lets just wait and see :winky:
But I am sure there will be many other funsters who will be making their own way back over there..

Marjohn... Nice to hear you back safe and sound, seems like a lifetime since we met at Calais for the first time.. See you at a rally somewhere..:thumb:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Solar panels

Who fitted your Solar panels and what size?
It must be so useful to have these fitted for Morocco. Hoping to join you all on next years trip, just need to allot some time to read this amazing posting.

They was 2x140w panels and they where fitted in Lowestoft by info@solarenergyalliance .com phone 01502 515532 marjohn::bigsmile:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Next Year

But I am sure there will be many other funsters who will be making their own way back over there..

Marjohn... Nice to hear you back safe and sound, seems like a lifetime since we met at Calais for the first time.. See you at a rally somewhere..:thumb:

Hello Tonka, I do hope your all going out again next Jan, I will be going over again this time, got new batteries fitted 2x135 amp 2x100 watt solar panels and 1000w inverter. Will be leaving the UK about September this year and trying to camp as much for free as poss. Will be going back to Cabopino but prob just for a month before Morocco.
Benidorm is looking good for xmas and N/Y ???

Hope to catch up to you all later this year.

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Just a quick hello

We have seen a couple we met in taghousat at Peterborough and found a couple who would like to join hope to see in the near future marjohn::bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back