2014 Ducato Radio (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Is there an easy way to replace the standard Radio in a 2014 Ducato ?
It's moulded into the dashboard
We'd like to upgrade to one with Blue Tooth or USB connection so we can listen to music on iPhone or iPod
Thanks
Robert

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
If yours is the same as this (I was told that this type is a Sony) fitted in a 2013 model - first pic below, you need some proper tools to remove the fascia ( U shaped things) to pries the head unit out of the dash - I then fitted a aftermarket head unit from Germany - it seemed like the only place i could find that supplied a head unit that would fit into the massive hole left in the dashboard, i didnt want a single din and then a space underneath so i opted for something more upmarket with lots of kit on it (USB Ports front and rear of the unit, CD, Jack Port, DVD Player, the screen also turns into a monitor for rear view camera and also to connect extras to the unit so you can watch TV Channels, DAB Radio and lots of other stuff too ! The screen is a touchscreen also and you can add your own wallpaper and screen saver to it - Forgot to mention it also has sat nav full UK & Europe mapping. P1050065.JPG Finished 2 05-08-2014 15-40-07.JPG

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As above really.

You can get an adaptor on the interweb to help the radio fit. Mine was a single din pioneer unit fitted by the dealer into the empty hole that was there. You need removal tools (available in halfords) and then also remove the larger double din surround. My pioneer double din appradio unit slotted in easily with the cage that it came with. A single din unit is a direct replacement but you might need a wiring adaptor depending on the make.

The radio will likely be carp anyway....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
So that's why I couldn't get a signal, except for Robson Green on extreme fishing.......... Cheers! (y)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Forgot to mention that these systems from iCar-Tech in Germany come with a Universal kit of removal tools, reversing camera and all the cables, new fascia plate, new cage to accommodate the new head unit, all new wiring harness and you cane get the steering wheel control interface too (but that is a extra £30 approx)
http://www.icar-tech.de/html/index.php

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back