2013 Ducato water temp warning light (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Well - here is the first of many many questions probably? as we have a 'new to us' van-
Among the 12 million warning lights that we all require -
There is a red temperature warning light on the dash.
This light comes on when ignition comes on - and goes out when engine starts (allegdly)
Well we have one of those special sooper doopa warning lights -Those that hide in the background - just waiting to catch you out.
S0 during day can't see it - but at night or as daylight starts to go you can see this light just to say glowing - and it has a mate!! the warning light for door open--- thinks it will join in - and it glows really very faintly.
Also - turn the ignition on - don't start up - turn off - And these two stay on for several minutes?? That is unless you open the door and shut it- then you get the digital display on briefly and then everything goes out.
SO the question is - Has anybody else noticed this???Can this be normal behaviour for a temp warning light to coerce a door open warning light??
Thanks in anticipation
Steve

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We had the fuel in the filter light and the abs warning light come on when the cruise control was used,took it to Fiat and had to have a new instrument cluster fitted luckily under warranty or it was £800 for the bits + labour.Works ok now.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes I'd agree with instrument cluster fault, seen a few late model Ducatos with similar dim warning lights and every one has been down to a faulty instrument panel.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Thanks very much for your replies - I was expecting a reply 'thats normal' But seems possible - well probable thatit is a fault - We have to take van back for some small items to be sorted out so I think I will forewarn them that there is also another addition to the list.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks very much for your replies - I was expecting a reply 'thats normal' But seems possible - well probable thatit is a fault - We have to take van back for some small items to be sorted out so I think I will forewarn them that there is also another addition to the list.
@SteveandSue :xThumb:Yes if you have a warranty get it done before it runs out it doesn't take long to change they only had my van for a morning.
Good luck with it

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Appears quite common my mate just had his instrument panel replaced, I have the central locking light on dim & don't have central locking, must get round to ringing a dealer.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Our instrument cluster on 2013 AT replaced earlier this year under warranty.
Technician opened drivers door. Turned on ignition. Two seconds later says cluster's faulty, see this all the time.
Back a few days later (had to be ordered in) and cluster changed.

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Yep - definitely the instrument cluster. Interesting to see the wide variety of combinations of spurious warning lights. Ours was ABS failure and water in the Diesel filter, but only when the cruise control was on. As above, changed under warranty. Known issue, and not only with Ducatos apparently. It first surfaced with fiat Pandas, it seems. Happened to friends of ours also, whose truck was just out of warranty. However, Fiat still fixed it without charge.

OP
OP
SteveandSue
Feb 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Just to update -
Fiat dealer diagnosed problem as needing new instrument cluster on dash.
Fiat had no details of the vehicle - so scanned and e-mailed info over.
Fiats customer care was excellent - wether or not they were going to undertake the work under warranty or not - they kept us fully informed of the process- and in the end even though it is now out of warranty they will carry out the repairs - so booked in for next week.
Few other issues to sort with the van but not Fiat related

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
An update to our instrument cluster. Our replacement cluster is now showing spurious warning lights (although, variety being the spice of life, different to last time). Van will be in soon for another replacement. Fiat dealer tells me they've had a lot of repeats in, so obviously the problem units haven't yet worked out of the system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back