2013 Autotrail Mohawk internal joinery colour (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I am doing a slight alteration and would like either a laminated board to cut up or the plastic self adhesive wood effect film to match the existing internal cupboards. I can't see any colour mentioned in the Autotrail brochures, I have been to B&Q, Wicks and Homebase and nothing matches the colour there.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Could you do the edge with knock in T,if so AT might be able to supply some to match.

image.jpeg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Email Autotrail customer services, who do seem to have improved a bit of late. Quote your build number, usually by hab door and see if they can give you details on the board.
There are several companies that supply self builders and also I know of one localish company in Oldbury, west mids that supplies the wall boards..

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Done a bit more digging and it could be Aosta Cherry. Autotrial could probably supply but I don't fancy taking out a second mortgage.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Try these guys... I have bough sheets of Formica type stuff from them and while in trade counter last time sure I saw motorhome type wallboard.

http://bgn.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
As above have a look at Magnums website, it could be Maple or Light Oak which are the usual colours. My doors are ex Auto trail surplus stock and they are Maple.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Done a bit more digging and it could be Aosta Cherry. Autotrial could probably supply but I don't fancy taking out a second mortgage.

We've got a 2013 Savannah and had exactly the same problem in identifying the wood veneer. Ended up in the same place as yourself (Aosta Cherry) and spoke to a number of suppliers of real wood and vinyl veneers all of whom sent me samples none of which matched.
B&Q used to do a veneer that was perfect but, Sod's Law, it was a discontinued colour. Even spoke with their supplier who couldn't supply and couldn't offer a direct replacement.
So, ended up buying some stains and after much faffing about with various mixes got one close enough to meet management's approval. Having said that, this has now "weathered" with the sun light and is not that close!
We've got the optional travelling seat fitted and I was making built in drawers to fit under this rather than having to lift the seat base off all the time. So, whilst you see the difference it isn't that eye catching as it's a large surface area only next to the plastic edge trim which is non-grained a not exactly the same colour as the flat panels.
The only thing I could get as a match was a sheet of screw head cover tabs to replace one or two that were losing their adhesion. They don't look exactly the same but that's because the grain is at right angle to the board behind!
Would be interested to hear if you do come up with anything.

My doors are ex Auto trail surplus stock and they are Maple.

Think Maple may have been the previous model colour and you can see the difference in the second photo.

Attachments

• Screw head covers.JPG
    Screw head covers.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Maple.JPG
    Maple.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 49
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I am doing a slight alteration and would like either a laminated board to cut up or the plastic self adhesive wood effect film to match the existing internal cupboards. I can't see any colour mentioned in the Autotrail brochures, I have been to B&Q, Wicks and Homebase and nothing matches the colour there.

If you struggle to find a match may I suggest that a contrast isn`t such a bad thing, I was always told that if you can`t hide a joint then make a feature of it.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you struggle to find a match may I suggest that a contrast isn`t such a bad thing, I was always told that if you can`t hide a joint then make a feature of it.
Agreed. I had half-thought of painting the drawer fronts the same colour as the cupboard door lower panels (sparkly charcoal grey) but management overruled!(n) I even thought about sticking the same carpet tiles (which we replaced the light beige carpet with) to the drawer fronts but was told to get back into my cage!:mad: And there was me thinking they would match the floor and give protection against heel marks (remembering they are under the travelling seats)! And who promptly ended up scraping one of them with a pair of heels?:whistle::whistle::whistle:

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
THESE screw covers on the Auto-Trail web site look like they could be the correct match but it doesn't look like they do the board. Probably go with Rob n Chris's idea and do something completely different. For those that may be interested, I changed the two fixed bed single mattresses that made up the double bed for one memory foam one that goes across the width at the rear, the new mattress is a standard size so better for fitted sheets etc, so as it is shorter by about 8" I am building in extra storage in the space that's left.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
THESE screw covers on the Auto-Trail web site look like they could be the correct match but it doesn't look like they do the board. Probably go with Rob n Chris's idea and do something completely different. For those that may be interested, I changed the two fixed bed single mattresses that made up the double bed for one memory foam one that goes across the width at the rear, the new mattress is a standard size so better for fitted sheets etc, so as it is shorter by about 8" I am building in extra storage in the space that's left.
That's the screw cover thingies I got albeit free from our dealer as I complained the originals were pealing off.
btw I did come across this place \ veneer (which looks like it matches) but a minimum order of 20 sheets of 8' x 4' and delivery from US. Maybe you could use the excess to wallpaper your living room to make you feel you're away in the motorhome?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back