• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2010 Smart ForTwo Cabriolet Auto, 18k miles, FSH, Paddle shift, air con, alarm, £3899 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is my little 'boy' Sluggy, he's a Smart ForTwo Pulse Cabriolet Auto MHD 71 (Micro Hybrid Drive) with a 1.0 Litre petrol engine and was registered in July 2010.

He's a great example in ‘high gloss’ black with a black roof - this little car is in extremely good condition and as the body panels are composite they will never rust. The interior is grey/black and is clean and unworn as it has been well looked after with no stains/marks/tears etc (covers used to protect the seats). Produced by Mercedes Benz it is extremely well built and very comfortable - no nasty squeaks/rattles. Non-smoking homes (both owners) and although I have dogs they have never been in it.

It has the full auto/semi-auto soft-touch 5 speed gear box so you can choose whether to have full-auto or semi-auto at the touch of a button - it also has gear change paddles on the steering wheel/column for quick manual changing – sporty model with the bigger fatter tyres!

It drives like a dream, is very nippy and easy to park – a real fun vehicle and brings a smile to your face every time you get in it! Despite being a 'small' car it's surprising just how spacious it is, and how much you can get in the boot which is more generous than many 4/5 seat small cars - the back of the soft top can be lifted up and the tailgate lowered to give an even larger carrying capacity.

There are 2 areas with some scratches/marks on the exterior, one on the rear offside and one on the front nearside where other cars have ‘touched’ the car whilst it was in car parks, some black wax polish will probably sort them out but I'd rather a new owner saw them as they are than try to disguise them … it has never been pranged/crashed!

If you have any questions or want to come and see it please let me know via a 'conversation' or this thread.

More info:
* Made by Smart (part of Mercedes Benz) so a quality car
* Registered July 2010 (10 plate)
* Only 18,426 miles from new (2 lady owners)
* Full Mercedes/Smart service history
* MOT - I will put it through for a MOT for the new owner (not due until July)
* HPI clear
* Original booklets, emergency triangle and tyre puncture inflation kit
* £20 road tax (C0₂ emission is 106g/km - also cheap to insure
* 50+ MPG – very economical
* MHD stop/start ‘fuel economy’ system (can be turned on/off by pressing a button

Equipment:
* Remote central locking with 2 key genuine Smart remote fobs
* Electric convertible soft top – can be used in full ‘top down’ mode or ‘targa’ top, removable side bars too
* 6 spoke alloy wheels and good tyres with a lot of mileage left in them
* Sports steering wheel
* Locable glove box (an optional extra)
* Heated rigid rear window
* Immobiliser
* Driver & passenger air bags
* Air con
* Electric windows
* Genuine Smart AM/FM radio/CD
* ESP / ABS / Traction Control
* Front fog lights
* High level third brake light
* Rear wash wipe
* Rear removable parcel shelf with divider and storage pockets
* Opening tailgate with storage compartment

I'll be sorry to see him go but he deserves to be taken out and about more.

4 - front.JPG
5 - rear.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
9.JPG
cab - roof part open.JPG
cab - roof.JPG
cab 4.JPG
side - nearside cab.JPG
DSCF1549.JPG
DSCF1550.JPG
mileage.JPG
scratches - front nearside.JPG
scratches - rear offside.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Ken, it hasn't got an a-frame or fixings but they could be added, you occasionally get them for sale second hand on Ebay or on here ... being a cabriolet I must admit its lovely this weather!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2014
Teversal Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starquest
Exp
50+ years
Thanks for that, we're not too far away to view it but we go away tomorrow till Friday. It's a tow car we would be using it as do will look into cost of having tow bar fitted to motorhome etc, looks lovely on photos.
Ken

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm tempted, I've always quite fancied one of these but I've just sold my car because it wasn't getting used so it seems pointless to buy another one straight away.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi Ken, it hasn't got an a-frame or fixings but they could be added, you occasionally get them for sale second hand on Ebay or on here ... being a cabriolet I must admit its lovely this weather!

Isn't there some issue with A framing an automatic or can that be got around with Smarts?

Oct 1, 2014
Teversal Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starquest
Exp
50+ years
Not quite sure on that we had a Suzuki Vitara which was automatic on an A frame but after 2002 the gear box changed. Probably will be a trailer as opposed to the A frame but will look into it. I need to get a heavy duty tow bar fitted to my 2004 Peugeot boxer anyone any idea of companies in East Midlands?
Thanks
Ken

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Isn't there some issue with A framing an automatic or can that be got around with Smarts?
There are reports of problems but it seem to be when 'neutral' is not properly engaged before towing.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for that, we're not too far away to view it but we go away tomorrow till Friday. It's a tow car we would be using it as do will look into cost of having tow bar fitted to motorhome etc, looks lovely on photos.
Ken
No problem, he's lovely and it's gonna be hard letting him go but he deserves to be used and enjoyed.

Used to have a static caravan at Chapel Hill near you ... lovely area.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are reports of problems but it seem to be when 'neutral' is not properly engaged before towing.

I thought it was something like that. I'm sure as well that there is a particular make and model where you can't engage a genuine neutral which obviously makes towing them with the drive wheels on the floor a problem

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
T
I thought it was something like that. I'm sure as well that there is a particular make and model where you can't engage a genuine neutral which obviously makes towing them with the drive wheels on the floor a problem
The new Smarties will not tow (automatics) as they have a torque converter gearbox.
Minxie girls will tow well as it has the robotised gearbox. Lovely little car.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
T

The new Smarties will not tow (automatics) as they have a torque converter gearbox.
Minxie girls will tow well as it has the robotised gearbox. Lovely little car.
Interesting .... that means that the older style Smarties will become more desirable to the 'a-frame' fraternity! (y)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I refuse point blank to name the complete wally that bought a new Smartie 4 2,
without researching properly. He can't tow the bloody thing!!:whistle:
I really wish @Minxy Girl had posted 7 weeks ago.

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Great little car, like a tardis inside, a real hoot to dive (particularly the convertible) and full of character, we love ours to bits, We have towed her extensively over the last year without a problem. Highly recommended!

IMG_5413.JPG

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just to let you know that he's also on Ebay now, open to offers from funsters.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I towed an automatic 2010 Smart on an A frame for a couple of years. Just have to make sure it is properly in neutral, there is a false neutral position just make sure it really is in neutral before switching off.

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
I towed an automatic 2010 Smart on an A frame for a couple of years. Just have to make sure it is properly in neutral, there is a false neutral position just make sure it really is in neutral before switching off.

I've found the best way to check is to start the car - it won't start unless it is in 'true' neutral.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Now sold to another funster ... (y)

he'll be 'leaving' us on Thursday ... :crying:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back