2009 Fiat Ducato - Passenger Airbag deactivated - How do I reactivate? PLUS Fault Codes (1 Viewer)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Motorhome went into garage yesterday because of Engine Management light on. When I got it back the orange symbol with a seat and a backward facing child seat was on. The garage have no idea how it came on and no idea how to get rid of it. Apparently it is via 'Set-up' but I cannot locate it in the manual.
Can anyone advise please.
Like I said, it went in for Engine Management Light, which came on during lockdown. It had six code faults, those being,
2 x EAM, what ever that is, faulty glow plugs (nothing wrong when checked), faulty handbrake (nothing wrong), faulty fan that runs through ECU (blew a 40amp fuse!!) and something else I forgot.
How can this happen with so many codes in one go? The 40amp fuse is a worry but it cannot be checked until I am stuck in traffic. Apparently it is a big strip-down job if it is the fan.
What sort of (not too expensive) Code Reader & Resetter would folk recommend so I can reset the silly ones without incurring high labour bills?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a common factor in multiple spurious fault codes is a bad earth on one of the connections near the ECU. A seized fan can easily blow the fuse when it starts to run

Reactions: JaG
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you should be able to disarm and arm the passenger air bag through the settings buttons to the right of the steering wheel.

if its not showing in the menu then i fear there may be the dreaded airbag ecu fault. alternatively the passenger air bag set up can be accessed through the OBD2 port same as for the engine management light.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: JaG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back