2009 Autotrail Apache 634L Cab Carpet Clips (1 Viewer)

Steve304

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 Years (12000 Miles)
Hi Everyone,

The carpet in our motorhome is secured by two plastic discs (one each side) which are located in the worst possible place. Right underneath where your heel goes!

I noticed during a recent six week tour of Europe, that these discs have a habit of coming adrift and allowing the carpet to move about, sometimes dangerously under the pedals and affecting braking, etc. Sods law, one of these on the drivers side was lost and must have fell out of the cab. Leaving me no alternative but to 'borrow' the one from the passenger side.

I wonder if anyone can offer advice on where to get replacements from, i.e. main Fiat dealer; Autotrail or Ebay, etc., or if they have come up with a better solution to this design flaw?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Try an Auto-Trail dealer or Auto-Trail.
Mine disappeared as well, so I twisted the arm of my dealer and got two out of the showroom. :winky:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Carpet in cab

Hi, Steve we bought a new cab carpet at one of the shows and they gave us two large plastic screw in type fittings which go right into the rubber floor once in they dont move I may have some spare in my garage I will have a look but its like steptoes yard in there it may take some time :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve304

Steve304

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 Years (12000 Miles)
Hi, Steve we bought a new cab carpet at one of the shows and they gave us two large plastic screw in type fittings which go right into the rubber floor once in they dont move I may have some spare in my garage I will have a look but its like steptoes yard in there it may take some time :thumb:

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the offer but they're not that type of retainer. I have attached two photos showing what they look like and have already been informed by Auto-Trail that they don't recognise them. They suggest I contact a Fiat dealer who may be able to help.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 42
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the offer but they're not that type of retainer. I have attached two photos showing what they look like and have already been informed by Auto-Trail that they don't recognise them. They suggest I contact a Fiat dealer who may be able to help.

Steve

Definitely different to the ones I have in my Auto-Trail.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back