2008 Meets Calendar. (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi all,

Well that's Christmas and New Years Eve' done (albeit, only just!) and our thoughts are now well and truly focussed on 2008.

Now, one of the great joys of motorhoming, to us anyway, is getting away at weekends and meeting up with fellow MotorhomeFun members on campsites throughout the country.

And it is with this in mind that I want to draw your attention to our meets calendar. It's looking a little bare at the moment, isnt it?

I know, I know... "It's only just turned 2008!" I hear you cry...
But now is the time to be planning weekends away and get-togethers. The days are getting longer and a motorhome on the drive at the weekend is a missed opportunity.

And meets don't need to be complicated. A meet can be as simple as you posting details in the calendar of a break that you have booked... and THAT'S IT!
Other members who are fancying a trip at the same time may see your 'meet' in the calendar and decide to join you. They book directly with the campsite so there really is nothing else for you to do.

Of course you can take more control if you wish - it's your meet after all!

Remember: MotorhomeFun doesn't have 'official' meets arrangers. It may appear that way but it's just that some members put more meets up than others, that's all.

We REALLY want to encourage ALL members to put details of their weekends away etc. up in the calendar as meets. If you need ANY help in doing so, just look in the calendar at a meet and ask the organiser of that one for help.

And of course, just because there may be a meet in the calendar already for a weekend does NOT stop you putting YOUR meet in there as well. The more meets in the calendar the better!

So, let's start filling the calendar with fun weekends away, throughout the country, and I look forward to seeing you at a meet soon! ::bigsmile:

Bryan
Administrator

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Holton Lee charity ralley 08

Hi bri ,im doing a weekend meet for charity in Poole feb 29 to march 2nd , every penny i get goes to charity , theres a nice large camping field , toilets , water etc everything but electric , last year i did the same with motorhome today and we did quite well and had a great weekend , this year i want to get more vans there and get more money for the charity , if anyone is interested please go to the links below or visit the motorhome today site , search under ralleys , everyone is welcome to come along £11 for the weeekend . Any questions PP me or leave a note on here or mht . Thanks all. Woody.

Link Removed

MAP: Link Removed

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Classic & Vintage Commercial Vehicle Show.

This year I thought we would make change from our annual visit to our local TRUCKEST at Haydock Park.

So this year we are going to the Classic & Vintage Commercial Vehicle Show
at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon, Warwickshire. on the 7th-8th June.

As camping is available, I thought would make a good venue for a meet as it is close to the M40 motorway and located in centrally in the midlands.

Anyone fancy it. ?

The Heritage Motor Centre - Love Your Car

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
This year I thought we would make change from our annual visit to our local TRUCKEST at Haydock Park.

So this year we are going to the Classic & Vintage Commercial Vehicle Show
at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon, Warwickshire. on the 7th-8th June.

As camping is available, I thought would make a good venue for a meet as it is close to the M40 motorway and located in centrally in the midlands.

Anyone fancy it. ?

The Heritage Motor Centre - Love Your Car

That's right up our street and on our doorstep but it clashes with the Stratford RV & Motorhome show :Sad:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Zoz
We could maybe make that seeing as my plans for the following week have been dashed
more details please
Geo

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Hi Zoz
We could maybe make that seeing as my plans for the following week have been dashed
more details please
Geo

Hi Geo,

for more details click the link at the bottom.

Pity the venue clashes with the RV show.

Drat n Double Drat.

I'm still going though.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Yes i used link, its the pricing structure I cant get my head around,I assume £11 per night camping, then do I make an offer of £6 -£25 to get in Sat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Hi Yes i used link, its the pricing structure I cant get my head around,I assume £11 per night camping, then do I make an offer of £6 -£25 to get in Sat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

LOL, yes it got me puzzled that one. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Geo

hi geo.
click the link then click on whichever ticket type (camp only, sat,sun or two day ticket) then a new page gives you the prices ie:- adult, child, family ect.

hope this helps.:thumb::thumb:

john.

M

maxpax

Deleted User
Searles campsite

Hi all,

I'm off to Searles campsite at Hunstanton in Norfolk from 21st to 25th March - for the Easter weekend. If anyone's up that way at that time, then I would love to meet up for a chat and a drink...

x Maxine:thumb:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi all,

I'm off to Searles campsite at Hunstanton in Norfolk from 21st to 25th March - for the Easter weekend. If anyone's up that way at that time, then I would love to meet up for a chat and a drink...

x Maxine:thumb:

Hi Maxine

I would suggest you put this as a seperate thread - that way it won't get lost........:winky:

M

maxpax

Deleted User
new thread

Thanks for the advice hun, have now posted new thread x

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi all,

Well that's Christmas and New Years Eve' done (albeit, only just!) and our thoughts are now well and truly focussed on 2008.

Now, one of the great joys of motorhoming, to us anyway, is getting away at weekends and meeting up with fellow MotorhomeFun members on campsites throughout the country.

And it is with this in mind that I want to draw your attention to our meets calendar. It's looking a little bare at the moment, isnt it?

I know, I know... "It's only just turned 2008!" I hear you cry...
But now is the time to be planning weekends away and get-togethers. The days are getting longer and a motorhome on the drive at the weekend is a missed opportunity.

And meets don't need to be complicated. A meet can be as simple as you posting details in the calendar of a break that you have booked... and THAT'S IT!
Other members who are fancying a trip at the same time may see your 'meet' in the calendar and decide to join you. They book directly with the campsite so there really is nothing else for you to do.

Of course you can take more control if you wish - it's your meet after all!

Remember: MotorhomeFun doesn't have 'official' meets arrangers. It may appear that way but it's just that some members put more meets up than others, that's all.

We REALLY want to encourage ALL members to put details of their weekends away etc. up in the calendar as meets. If you need ANY help in doing so, just look in the calendar at a meet and ask the organiser of that one for help.

And of course, just because there may be a meet in the calendar already for a weekend does NOT stop you putting YOUR meet in there as well. The more meets in the calendar the better!

So, let's start filling the calendar with fun weekends away, throughout the country, and I look forward to seeing you at a meet soon! ::bigsmile:

Bryan
Administrator

Dear Administrator

New to the web, would love to book for RockieRV's early May meet at the Wishing Well, Dyke but just can't get there to do it. Sorry to be a nuisance but how do I list us please?

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
No problem, all you need to to is PM the proposer (in this case RockieRV) and ask them to add you to the list.

They will then do so :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back