2008 Ductao Brake Pads (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just had the van in for a service and MOT, asked them to check the pads front and rear. When they took them out they fell apart though there was plenty meat left on them as I suspected. This is a 2008 van with 50k on the clock, I am very light on the brakes when driving.

For interest, service, MOT, new pads, £376.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I'm pretty sure there has been a previous thread on here about Ducato brake pads falling apart recently. It was a good job you asked garage to check them. (y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just had the van in for a service and MOT, asked them to check the pads front and rear. When they took them out they fell apart though there was plenty meat left on them as I suspected. This is a 2008 van with 50k on the clock, I am very light on the brakes when driving.

For interest, service, MOT, new pads, £376.

I'm pretty sure there has been a previous thread on here about Ducato brake pads falling apart recently. It was a good job you asked garage to check them. (y)
Follow this link as I've been there already....
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ducato-owners-beware.118694/#post-1617644

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I think this post may have been at the back of my mind when I instructed them to strip out the pads. Years ago I used to do the drum brakes on lifeboat davits, hardly used at all, and the pads were always in a poor state though never worn. Took the van for a spin and brakes seem as normal as they were before.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back