2007 Rapido Serie 90dF 9048 dF (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
Hi, I am falling in love with this van but know nothing about them. I saw the one for sale here...

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rapido-924f-2005-2-8jtd.193354/

A lovely van at a great price and very tempted, so started looking at them and saw a 9048 with the slightly larger lounge, perfect!.

I'm losing the will to live trying to find a late autotrail cheyene 635 without something radically wrong with it, been to see four of them now.

I have been told that there is an acknowledged problem with the nearside locker door leaking on all the 9048 Rapido vans and the one I inquired about has this problem which has caused delamination to the floor inside the locker. This will obviously need to be fixed before we can buy it and I have been assured it is not too serious.

Anyone know if this is in fact a well known common problem/fault??

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I have been told that there is an acknowledged problem with the nearside locker door leaking on all the 9048 Rapido vans and the one I inquired about has this problem which has caused delamination to the floor inside the locker. This will obviously need to be fixed before we can buy it and I have been assured it is not too serious.

Anyone know if this is in fact a well known common problem/fault??

This has been awhile, is there a common problem with our beloved Rapido or even just this model?

OP
OP
S
Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
To be honest I don't know, we didn't buy that one in the end but went for another 9048 (2008) which was fine regards any locker leaks. Just non existent PDI by the dealer (Webbs, Reading) we spent most of last year in dispute and having to put everything right ourselves as I didn't trust them after that. Funny enough got the last few bits put right a few weeks ago, so all good now. The Rapido is a great van whatever model, but watch the gas locker door, It can drop down out of alignment on its hinges and not close easily. I now wedge a wad of paper towel at the top of the handle side which stops it hanging on the hinge. Also the blind on the hartel hab door is fragile so we leave that up all the time. Also they are terrible vans for beer evaporation, I run out all the time.
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
To be honest I don't know, we didn't buy that one in the end but went for another 9048 (2008) which was fine regards any locker leaks. Just non existent PDI by the dealer (Webbs, Reading) we spent most of last year in dispute and having to put everything right ourselves as I didn't trust them after that. Funny enough got the last few bits put right a few weeks ago, so all good now. The Rapido is a great van whatever model, but watch the gas locker door, It can drop down out of alignment on its hinges and not close easily. I now wedge a wad of paper towel at the top of the handle side which stops it hanging on the hinge. Also the blind on the hartel hab door is fragile so we leave that up all the time. Also they are terrible vans for beer evaporation, I run out all the time.
:Smile:
I have exactly the same problem. wine doesn't last long either:giggle:

Dapen

Free Member
Aug 16, 2016
Funster No
Our hab door blind stays down as it broke !! Ditto on beer and wine 🤪

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!