Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
has anyone got one with a solar panel, if so do you suffer from our problem which is this. When on mains the panel above the door gives a single bleep alarm when the taps are used, the w.c is flushed or the water pump purges.
Our dealer is saying it is an inherent problem on the 06/07 larger models only, however as we do not know any other model owners therefore we do not know if this is right. Any help would be really appreciated. This does not happen when we are rough camping without mains.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
We have a 06' Rapido 996m with solar panel and do not have that problem. Not sure where the dealer has got his knowledge from!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
no-bullshit-300x298.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Highly sceptical of your dealer's diagnosis and excuse!

A fellow owner will be along soon!

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Thank you Rapphil & Jonandshell, we think this is a stupid answer from a dealership, who on the whole are very good, but surely there must be a answer, we thought if we could get other 2006/7 larger Rapido owners with solar fitted to tell if they had this problem or not we could get it sorted. Here's hoping

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't have that particular problem but my panel does beep when I start the engine, it also does it when Aux2 is switched on. The two may be related as both of these turn off the awning light, sensible on starting the engine, but can't see the connection with Aux2, which in my case only powers the status aerial amplifier (not original equipment).

Rapido 999M 2007

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi Reallyretired,
Thanks for the feedback however you don't say if you have solar or not, we are being told that it is the Shriber unit that is causing the problem apparently they only used this unit in 06/07 models which limits the amount of people replying. But thanks anyway.

Deleted User
We have a 2008 966m with a solar panel fitted, I seem to recall that when we bought the van (new) it emitted a beep from the control panel. This was before we had a solar panel fitted. I think the dealer did a small modification/ update to the panel, anyway it does'nt beep now. Hope you get it sorted.

spongy

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi Spongy,

Thanks for the info, as we can at least put all these points to our dealer

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
We have a 06' Rapido 996m with solar panel and do not have that problem. Not sure where the dealer has got his knowledge from!

Dealers tell you what they want and expect you to swallow it. Generally they are really only interested in dealing.

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi Rapphil,
Yes we believe your right sad really as it doesn't allow you to have much faith in them

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Last post not actually from me. It can be from some dealers but there are some good ones around who want return business.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi Reallyretired,
Thanks for the feedback however you don't say if you have solar or not, we are being told that it is the Shriber unit that is causing the problem apparently they only used this unit in 06/07 models which limits the amount of people replying. But thanks anyway.

I have solar (4x100w) but not wired into the official rapido wiring as it looked a bit inadequate to carry 20A as on a sunny day.

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
So sorry Rapphil,
I really must stop trying to do more than one thing at a time. My age is catching up with me. As it happens our dealer has been great and really good to us but have been let down by a rapido dealer who will not pass on the information requested from Rapido themselves, so they are having to try all other routes to solve the problem.
I even phoned Rapido but they won't deal with me or them, as they are not a Rapido dealer and I am joe public.
I am just trying like them to find an answer, I am not really knocking them I would recommend them as dealers to anyone believe me they are really good.
However I could name a few who are not though like Volusia, I think we have all dealt with some of them.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
I know the feeling! Had our van from David Fuller and they were very helpful although maybe not your dealer they seem to have a few Rapido's passing through and may have come across this problem before. Worth a try to see if they could and will help.

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi Rapphil,
Snap that is where we bought it.they are lovely to deal with I just want to try and assist them, unfortunately it's the horrible people at Newark I think you know who! Who are being the pain or fly in the ointment. But David Fullers are brilliant it's just a shame they cannot deal with Rapido direct.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Going back to the original question then I'm sure you can take them at their word as they are dealing with Rapido's frequently. You or them could try Rapido at Wokingham if you haven't already. Good luck.

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi Rapphil,

Motorhome facts. Com don't seem to rate Rapido at Workingham, it's such a difficult one, I certainly do not want to do anything to upset Fullers as we have so much respect for them and their service. But when a pump purges at 3am in the morning and a alarm pings it is not very pleasent, I will phone them and see what they say at Workingham as any stone turned has to be positive. Thank you for all your help, it is appreciated.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Our sundance water alarm goes off all the time (which is a beep from the control panel) the level thingy doesn't work, and I can't be bothered to fix it, since the level is the opposite of the waste tank :D. Opening taps or igniting the hob usually set it off.
Also it beeps if we leave the step out and turn on ignition.
Could any of these be the issue?

Deleted User
Hi Rapphil,

Motorhome facts. Com don't seem to rate Rapido at Workingham, it's such a difficult one, I certainly do not want to do anything to upset Fullers as we have so much respect for them and their service. But when a pump purges at 3am in the morning and a alarm pings it is not very pleasent, I will phone them and see what they say at Workingham as any stone turned has to be positive. Thank you for all your help, it is appreciated.

Hi Kissy
We bought our Rapido from Wokingham and it was them that fixed the problem, give them a ring I have always found them very helpful and have always had good service from them.

spongy

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi Spongy,
We phoned Wokingham they seem very nice, there technical guy is away till Monday, they said he would phone us on his return.
Out of interest what caused yours to beep? Ours is purely on the water system.

Deleted User
Hi Kissy

I think it was on the water system when the pump cut in.

spongy

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
You could phone Rapido France and ask for Anthony ( can't remember his surname ) he is English and very helpful

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
I tried that, not for Anthony in particular, however they did not want to speak to me as I was not a dealer. They wanted us to take it to B'hills and we would not do that at any cost.

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Hi spongy,
We really must thank you so much, I phoned Wokingham back today and spoke to Richard, he was so helpful and told us that he had come across it before and how to cure it, he is even sending me the components. I really cannot thank you and them enough. They are a really nice company so helpful and we will recommend them to any Rapido owner in the future. Again a big Thank you to you from us both.

Reactions: Mel

Deleted User
Hi Kissy
Very glad Richard has come to your aid, he is always very helpful. Hopefully your problem will soon be sorted.

spongy

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I have had no problem talking to Antony at Rapido.
I have misplaced his surname.
Just ask for Antony the English speaking Guy.
He is very helpfull and knows his Rapido's

Mel

OP
OP
kissy

kissy

Free Member
Jun 20, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
12yrs
Thanks Mel,
If the problem isn't solved with these parts then I will give it a try.
Kissy

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have had no problem talking to Antony at Rapido.
I have misplaced his surname.
Just ask for Antony the English speaking Guy.
He is very helpfull and knows his Rapido's

Mel
Pfaff +33243301070

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back