2007 CI Carioca ducato, D+ fuse location? (1 Viewer)

Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI656
Recently purchased this motorhome and the fridge does not run of 12V with engine running and the leisure battery does not charge from the alternator. I realise it may be a problem with the D+ feed but can't find the in line fuse. Its the model with the leisure battery located under the chassis by left door, starter battery under cab floor, habitation 12v fuse box behind drivers seat and charger under drivers seat. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated!!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Recently purchased this motorhome and the fridge does not run of 12V with engine running and the leisure battery does not charge from the alternator. I realise it may be a problem with the D+ feed but can't find the in line fuse. Its the model with the leisure battery located under the chassis by left door, starter battery under cab floor, habitation 12v fuse box behind drivers seat and charger under drivers seat. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated!!
I had that motor (or something very near it.

I remember an issue with a zig unit that cost about 100 pounds.

What a zig unit is and whether that is your issue is a matter that others might be better off explaining to you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
So i went looking to see if i posted about it and I did !!!!

Here is what i had to say 3 years ago on a different thread

If leisure batteries arent charging (which happened to us) then it could be something quite simple like the zig unit.

You will get a lot more answers by reposting your conundrum in the motorhome chat section, however you only get 5 posts unless you join which costs 15 nicker.

You have to weigh up the cost of coming home early against the educated gamble that this can be fixed by extreme amounts of advice by better the better qualified than me. Having been a member here for some time, I know i would bite teh bullet and pay the 15 euros and feel certain the right advice (at least 4 different opinions) will come in.

One of the things the guys (and Minxy Girl) need to know is whether leisure batteries are charging from the engine, solar or hook up

Good luck

OP
OP
S
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI656
Just to add, the switching box under the drivers seat is the Arsilicii AL-C20

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
And is this what a zig unit is?
Zig is a brand name, as is CBE. Now that you've said yours is an Arsilici unit, it's a red herring

OP
OP
S
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
CI656
Not sure what I did but it's all working now. Went through all fuses and checked OK, pushed in to make sure properly seated, disconnected leisure battery, opened up fuse box and had a poke around, checked fuse on starter battery. Didn't replace anything but upon reconnecting leisure battery and starting it up the fridge now works on 12V and cuts out when engine stopped, leisure battery is getting 14V from alternator.

Hopefully it keeps working.

Thanks again for replies.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not sure what I did but it's all working now. Went through all fuses and checked OK, pushed in to make sure properly seated, disconnected leisure battery, opened up fuse box and had a poke around, checked fuse on starter battery. Didn't replace anything but upon reconnecting leisure battery and starting it up the fridge now works on 12V and cuts out when engine stopped, leisure battery is getting 14V from alternator.

Hopefully it keeps working.

Thanks again for replies.
Just to let you know I will be taking the credit for the correct information ! ;)

Thanks for the update

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Just to add, the switching box under the drivers seat is the Arsilicii AL-C20
Is this the fuse box you referred to in post #5, or is it in addition to that? The fuse box is a power distribution box, and has several relays in it, including the split charge relay, fridge relay and habitation cutoff relay. The D+ signal will go to that unit. I'd guess it's one of the smaller connectors, not the large ones. But I could easily be wrong on that.

I presume you've checked the big fuses near the starter battery and the leisure battery. They both need to be OK for the leisure battery to charge from the alternator.
Edit: I see you've sorted the problem, a bad connection somewhere. It's nearly always a bad connection.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back