May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Hello all.
I've just registered with this forum, & am hoping to get one or two queries answered regarding the 2007 Allegro 83 that I've just bought, part-exing my 2003 AutoSleeper Executive SE. It's also possible other models/makes may have the same set-up as my Allegro & therefore double my chances of an answer, anyway here goes.

The control panel allows me to see the amount of fresh water & waste water in the on-board tanks at the press of a button. But whereas the fresh water indicator works as you would expect, ie full showing 112 litres & reducing accordingly, the waste water indicator has me flummuxed. When the tank is empty, it shows 94 litres,
which corresponds with the info in the manual as being the capacity it will hold! But as it fills up, I would expect the figure of 94 to reduce as the tank fills up thereby showing the available volume left. But it doesn't? it stays at 94 each time I press the button over a few days, then after a while it'll show 81 then 84 slowly increasing, at which point I drained off. I'd have thought that the gauge on the panel would have read empty, then increased as the tank filled with grey water, or vice-versa from 94 downwards.

Any ideas?

Cheers BeeJay

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Any ideas?
Cheers BeeJay

I've no idea what type of sensors are used but it looks like they are contaminated. Loads of cleaner and see if it improves.

Some people say bio washing liquid, some bio-magic but whatever you use, loads of hot water than go for a slosh round and drain.

OP
OP
Kanberlingo

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
I've no idea what type of sensors are used but it looks like they are contaminated. Loads of cleaner and see if it improves.

Some people say bio washing liquid, some bio-magic but whatever you use, loads of hot water than go for a slosh round and drain.

Okay, I've managed to contact Chausson UK, who refered me to my dealer when I first spoke to them a few weeks ago when I bought the MH, but the dealer hadn't a clue. But this time Chausson UK has come up with the info. & the situation has been explained. The 94ltr showing when empty, is the capacity, which I already knew, as the tank fills, that figure falls, which is what was not happening when I checked the control panel. So when the tank is half full or half empty depending on your point of view :RollEyes: the panel should read app. 47ltr. So it does appear to be the sensor that is iffy. Now knowing what the problem is, it'll get a good blasting with the hosepipe, which means I'm going to get pretty wet & grotty as the drain sluice is mid-ships.
Oh joy!

Cheers
BeeJay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Tank cleaning

Hi,
No need to get wet, Put a cup full of Bio washing powder in a bucket of warmish water and stir up, Shut the waste tank valve and tip the solution down the wash hand basin or sink, then add a further bucket of just clean water and let it slosh about as you drive home from site or as you drive from home to a site. Just drain off when you get to either. Put a table spoon full in your toilet tank and add some water, it will keep that clean as well. Get the Bio from Aldi or Lidl, Cheaper?.
W-e

OP
OP
Kanberlingo

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
I'll give that a try when I get the MH back from the dealers, where a couple of minor defects are being sorted under warranty.

Thanks for your input.

BeeJay

OP
OP
Kanberlingo

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Waste water tank update.

Didn't go down the Bio route, but will carry some to mix & deposit in the tank the next time we leave for home, & drain off when we arrive. Instead I fed the garden hose into the tank via the drain sluice, first adjusting the jet to full spray to hopefully reach the sensor area. Bingo, left it on for app 10mins, then drained off & filled the waste tank using the hose placed in the sink. Then, checking the gauge, which when empty shows 94ltr, slowly fall as the tank filled up, finally emitting an audible signal & warning symbol flashing on the panel when the gauge read 8ltr capacity left. So it's sorted. Well chuffed. :thumb:

BeeJay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Wrong idications

Hi , from my experience all indicators on tanks in and out are a bit of a gimmick they never give a true indication of content. Ok Ronboyracer.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back